AMD Ryzen 2 3950x has been benchmarked

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
A 5700 XT gives better performance than a 2060 Super overall, and currently costs about the same. It uses a bit more power (20% meaning ~35W). A fair option in my books. Nvidia's GPUs are clearly much more power efficient, but as you say, I guess we'll disagree over whether Navi makes sense to recommend to gamers.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The 2060 Super is £70 cheaper in the PCS configurator though (last time I checked at least). That's a huge price premium for almost zero performance. It's like opting for the 1660 Ti over the 1660 Super not, it doesn't make sense (to me at least) and there's far less in the price difference with those.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Yeah, there's always PCS prices, though we've had quite a few people recently asking about sourcing their own GPUs so as to definitely avoid blower cooler cards.

As for PCS prices, the RX 5700 (non-XT) is a bit cheaper than the 2060 Super, offers similar performance overall, will cooperate more widely with freesync with less hassle, and subject to one's tastes may have a better value game bundle, which is another £30-40 to contend with. So even from PCS's options, Navi has a strong place.

Edit: RX 5700 non-XT is apparently £38 cheaper (I feel it was like £10-15 the other day), and has the game bundle, whereas PCS aren't doing the 2060 Super with COD: MW right now. So regardless of the game it's still a fair option (bit less performance, decent slice cheaper). Plus freebie optionally adding another £30-40 price difference.

Last edited: