AMD Ryzen 5000 CPUs

dino0392

Hi

I'm a bit lost with whats still going ahead and whats been cancelled or pushed to next year due to covid.

Is the Ryzen 4000 CPUs still getting released this year? i'm needing a new PC and would rather wait for that and the new RTX 3000 cards to see what they are like before buying just now, has there been any leaks that show how much of an improvement they are and is it worth waiting for them?

I know its probably all guess work but thought i would ask if you guys know anything.
Ta
JJ

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi

I'm a bit lost with whats still going ahead and whats been cancelled or pushed to next year due to covid.

Is the Ryzen 4000 CPUs still getting released this year? i'm needing a new PC and would rather wait for that and the new RTX 3000 cards to see what they are like before buying just now, has there been any leaks that show how much of an improvement they are and is it worth waiting for them?

I know its probably all guess work but thought i would ask if you guys know anything.
Ta
JJ
Ryzen 4000's were released about 3 months ago, they're APU's that have integrated graphics. They're on the same Ryzen 2 architecture that the 3000 series are on.

The AMD 5000's are the upcoming Ryzen 3 desktop APU's. They're set to be announced in September. They're expected to be quite a significant improvement in speed and power.

dino0392

Ryzen 3 thats what I was thinking of, i'll hold off for that and see what they are like but hoping to get one by the end of the year as the PC i'm using just now is a 10 year old i7 930, with 6GB ram, GTX770. its been good to me but trying out the new games even on low settings and it keeps crashing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So we have a confirmed announcement date of 8th October for Ryzen 4000 (5000?) desktop CPU’s.

These are going to be very special!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Just some further single threaded benchmarks, they are looking very promising, this is definitely what I've been waiting for:

Leaked release date of October 20th
I guess I'll be ordering that evening then. How exciting! 😁

Will have to start thinking about whether to get a 5800X or 5900X...? 🤔

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I guess I'll be ordering that evening then. How exciting! 😁

Will have to start thinking about whether to get a 5800X or 5900X...? 🤔
I'm craving the 5900x, apparently we're looking at single core boosts of 5GHz and over! That combined with a significantly higher IPC compared to Intel... Well done AMD!

D

Deleted member 103489

Poor intel, they got some catching up to do lol

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
eSfVt1e.gif