AMD Ryzen 5000 CPUs

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
23,107 people patiently waiting on YouTube for the show to start. No pressure then.

Intel bosses...
tenor (4).gif

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Got a couple of screenshots, but missed when the specs of the main chips was really easily readable.

Attachments

• rsz_untitled_2.jpg
    rsz_untitled_2.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 165
  • rsz_untitled_3.jpg
    rsz_untitled_3.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 154

scarpa1

Enthusiast
If these are available on November 5th, is that when we will be able to order them on PCS for PC builds or will they be available earlier to pre order?
Just thinking ahead as I have a PC already on order with the 3900X but obviously waiting for the 3080 GPU to come into stock at the moment with no real time frame, so maybe worth speaking to PCS about putting the 5900x in instead?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
If these are available on November 5th, is that when we will be able to order them on PCS for PC builds or will they be available earlier to pre order?
Just thinking ahead as I have a PC already on order with the 3900X but obviously waiting for the 3080 GPU to come into stock at the moment with no real time frame, so maybe worth speaking to PCS about putting the 5900x in instead?
No way of knowing that at this stage. Might be worth giving PCS a shout tomorrow and asking what their plans are. The only way we'll know without is when they start popping up in the configurator...

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
Oh man.. I will have to put off my desktop a little longer... And then probably a even longer after the Big Navi press realease at the end of the month...

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Wonder if this means I can stop justifying my recommendation of AMD now :unsure:

I don't so much fear for Intel as they completely deserve the pasting they have had in recent time. It's only going to get worse for them as I don't think they have a proper answer until they get that node down.

It's likely AMD will be able to bask in this glory and have another iteration of improvements before Intel will even get close.

Gavras

Master Poster
Wonder if this means I can stop justifying my recommendation of AMD now :unsure:

I don't so much fear for Intel as they completely deserve the pasting they have had in recent time. It's only going to get worse for them as I don't think they have a proper answer until they get that node down.

It's likely AMD will be able to bask in this glory and have another iteration of improvements before Intel will even get close.
With the new Intel cpu you out early next year, it looks like the current cpu / mobo will be Dodo’s and not compatible or not fully.

I think anyone who has bought Intel lately has Darwin’d themselves.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
With the new Intel cpu you out early next year, it looks like the current cpu / mobo will be Dodo’s and not compatible or not fully.

Try telling them that.... fanboys will be fanboys.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

That was always going to be the case to be honest. The scary thing is that even their next iteration likely won't have the same scope as what AMD have just now (7nm).

Intel are miles behind in tech just now, what they have on paper still doesn't match AMD.