Amending Orders

Potatoguru

Bronze Level Poster
Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post or not but i was recently attempting to amend my order. I wanted to see what the price would be like if i switched from an Intel CPU to an AMD one. The configurator however doesn't list any of the AMD CPU's, only the Intel ones, is this a bug or is there a reason i can't select them? I thought it might be my motherboard choice, but changing that in the configurator didn't solve the issue. As for the state of my order it's still in pre-production as it's awaiting stock.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
AMD and Intel CPU's are a completely different platform, so if you wanted to change the CPU to AMD, you'd have to cancel the build and start over.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
AMD and Intel CPU's are a completely different platform, so if you wanted to change the CPU to AMD, you'd have to cancel the build and start over.
If you just want a price comparison then spec up an AMD build of your choice and see how the price compares. If you decide to switch then you can cancel the Intel build.....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Furthermore, AMD are releasing new CPU's on a new platform with major benefits over their current processors and motherboards, plus they're set to thrash intel performance for a lot less money.

It's really not a good time to buy atm, wait until Monday when the new stuff will be released.

Potatoguru

Bronze Level Poster