American ISP Sent Customer DMCA for Downloading Ubuntu

• Thread starter Deleted member 41971
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 41971

I don't know, these pesky pirates :rolleyes::confused::unsure:

“We have received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over your Xfinity Internet service,” the letter received reads".

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't know, these pesky pirates :rolleyes::confused::unsure:

“We have received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over your Xfinity Internet service,” the letter received reads".

That's rediculous!

They've simply flagged him as using peer-to-peer, they haven't identified what he's downloading. Which is illegal on the ISP's part.

Peer-to-peer is not illegal, torrenting is used legally for many commercial and open-sourced sources.

That really grinds my gears!

D

Deleted member 41971

That's rediculous!

They've simply flagged him as using peer-to-peer, they haven't identified what he's downloading. Which is illegal on the ISP's part.

Peer-to-peer is not illegal, torrenting is used legally for many commercial and open-sourced sources.

That really grinds my gears!

it amuses and annoys me when you hear politicians talk about peer to peer technology, it makes it seem like every user is sailing the high sees with an eye patch and a parrot.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
it amuses and annoys me when you hear politicians talk about peer to peer technology, it makes it seem like every user is sailing the high sees with an eye patch and a parrot.
Peer-to-peer has been so successful exactly because it's so robust and secure. It's like the precursor to the blockchain.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I rather suspect it's just that the filters that the automated tool is using have been set too tight. There will always be false positives in any automated system, I think it's just something we have to live with. What's important is that there is a speedy and reliable mechanism for getting things like this resolved and corrected. It's a storm in a teacup TBH.