An Overdue Introduction

MrWilson

Godlike
Hello friends,

A little late to this thread, seeing as I joined nearly two months ago now (doesn't time fly) but I thought it was finally time to say hello to you all.

I am MrWilson, and I like to say 'wow' a lot. I had originally intended to upgrade from the potato back around Black Friday but unfortunately found myself a bit short of cash at the time. Now looking to ride out the storm of supply chain issues and GPU shortages and hopefully have a healthy budget to invest in a solid build in the summer. When I was doing research for my PC I caught the 'tech bug' and thanks to the vast knowledge of the chaps on the forum, as well as other resources such as LTT, I decided that the best way to stay up to date with my PC knowledge would be to help others until the time was right to claim my own build!

This forum is a fantastic resource; there are so many kind people willing to give up their time to share their expertise and help people who are willing to learn and have an open mind, and I am extremely thankful that I have managed to make a small contribution to this group. :D

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi there @MrWilson , is it only 2 months, it seems longer and i mean that in a good way, it has been great having you on board, and yes I agree this is a fantastic resource.

Look forward to seeing what you spec for yourself when the time comes, don't forget to ask for advise ;) :ROFLMAO:(y)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Umm @MrWilson, it looks bad if people with scrambled egg on their hats and shoulder boards (MVC) start acting as if they'd just arrived. :ROFLMAO:

BTW. I'm never happy to be wrong. I'm furious in fact, but it's being wrong that drives me to learn more. Don't be afraid of being wrong but don't be happy about it either. ;)

MrWilson

Godlike
Umm @MrWilson, it looks bad if people with scrambled egg on their hats and shoulder boards (MVC) start acting as if they'd just arrived. :ROFLMAO:

BTW. I'm never happy to be wrong. I'm furious in fact, but it's being wrong that drives me to learn more. Don't be afraid of being wrong but don't be happy about it either. ;)
I was honestly very surprised when I received the MVC role, while I have tried to be active I am still very much the new kid on the block. I feel like honesty is the best policy when giving advice to people, and if that means I am not yet deserving of the MVC due to my short tenure on the forum, I completely understand :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I was honestly very surprised when I received the MVC role, while I have tried to be active I am still very much the new kid on the block. I feel like honesty is the best policy when giving advice to people, and if that means I am not yet deserving of the MVC due to my short tenure on the forum, I completely understand :)
I'm only pulling your leg. It doesn't matter whether you've been here two years or two months, if you're consistently giving good advice and being a model forum contributor then you deserve it. That's why you have it. :)

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Hi there @MrWilson , is it only 2 months, it seems longer and i mean that in a good way, it has been great having you on board, and yes I agree this is a fantastic resource.

Look forward to seeing what you spec for yourself when the time comes, don't forget to ask for advise ;) :ROFLMAO:(y)
I hear he is going for an intel build....