Ancient USB port? Please help?

samsha

I shall give you a virtual hug if you are capable of telling what type of usb this takes and where i can purchase it from, reason for the hug would be because this old little thing holds very old family/friend picture which i thought i lost when i was a child. I would greatly appreciate any info, sorry if ive posted this in the wrong forum section.

Thanks

IMAG0570.jpgIMAG0571.jpg

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Looks like a proprietary connector to me, probably had a standard usb type A connector on the other end with that random connector on the device end.

have you got a name/model number for the device?

ricbai

Bronze Level Poster
If you can take the measurements of the port as well and maybe a macro shot with a ruler), we may be able to narrow it down. Worst case scenario is you'll have to a wire a cable yourself - but since USB [which that port is according to the logo] is a standard, it shouldn't be "that" difficult... Any idea how old the device is (if there is a "regulatory warning" sticker/info box on the back, that would also be useful).

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Nice find, the Op hasn't been online since the 20th so if he isn't back soon it might be worth a PM so it emails him. Failing that I will grab his email from the mod control panel and email him directly. Would be a shame to see this info go to waste.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Nice find, the Op hasn't been online since the 20th so if he isn't back soon it might be worth a PM so it emails him. Failing that I will grab his email from the mod control panel and email him directly. Would be a shame to see this info go to waste.

Nice one. Now I'm curious to see what's on it!