Android 12 announcement

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Clear & Transparent privacy settings are desperately needed at this point. The amount of mass data collection that's being done is just obscene
Yes, BUT. Less user data means less targeted advertising, means less income, means you're going to have to pay for the software you use.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yes, BUT. Less user data means less targeted advertising, means less income, means you're going to have to pay for the software you use.
I'm fine with that, it should also help breed competition instead of the big guys being so big they care impossible to catch which is what we have at the minute.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm fine with that, it should also help breed competition instead of the big guys being so big they care impossible to catch which is what we have at the minute.
And I'd agree, I'm just not sure the masses would put their hands in their pockets....

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
And I'd agree, I'm just not sure the masses would put their hands in their pockets....
At the end of the day that's all that matters unfortunately, I'd be happy with a niche alternative but they seem to be few and far between at the minute as well, I'm sure that's by design from the guys who don't want niche alternatives too