Android 12 rollout

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I realise some of you have had this for a while now.

The Galaxy Z Fold 3 had a preliminary roll out at the beginning of December, but it was quickly pulled due to some pretty serious bugs.

From what I'm reading, they've started the rollout again and it's even hit Europe.

@Martinr36 have you had your update through yet?

What are peoples general views?

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm on a Pixel 4, so got it ages ago. I really like it. The only thing I dislike is that there is an extra step to enable/disable WiFi. I really like the microphone/camera indicator and just the general feel of animations, etc.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I realise some of you have had this for a while now.

The Galaxy Z Fold 3 had a preliminary roll out at the beginning of December, but it was quickly pulled due to some pretty serious bugs.

From what I'm reading, they've started the rollout again and it's even hit Europe.

@Martinr36 have you had your update through yet?

What are peoples general views?
Nothing here yet on the z fold 2, just hope when it does arrive that they have got all the bugs sorted

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well I've just updated to it and lost basic functionality in that i can no longer take a screenshot with the tap of a button in my navigation bar, may well see if i can roll back to 11 which worked absolutely fine

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well I've just updated to it and lost basic functionality in that i can no longer take a screenshot with the tap of a button in my navigation bar, may well see if i can roll back to 11 which worked absolutely fine
There's a gesture possibility for screenshots now: you can set it to allow double tapping the back of the phone. I expect that's why it's been removed.

I find this gesture really annoying and never take screenshots, but it is possible. Or there's always an option with buttons (normally power+volume down).

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There's a gesture possibility for screenshots now: you can set it to allow double tapping the back of the phone. I expect that's why it's been removed.

I find this gesture really annoying and never take screenshots, but it is possible. Or there's always an option with buttons (normally power+volume down).
Got it sorted now, had a hunt around and found an update for the goodlock navstar app, so now i've got a usable navbar again that has fu7ll functionality.

The standard power/ volume down combination does work but is a bit awkward on a phone the width of an open Z fold2, and i've got fairly large hands

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Screenshot_20220107-161253_Software update.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So you've had this a month and a half now, so what do you reckon to it, be interesting to hear if your experiences on z fold3 are better than mine on the z fold2 (I wish i could roll back to A11 and one UI 3.0)
I've had no issues at all on mine, but then no particular improvements either.

But I don't use the stock launcher, I use Microsofts, so that's kind of irrelevant for me.

Have just installed the February security update which is supposed to include some performance and battery optimisation, so we'll see if that makes any noticeable improvement.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
But I don't use the stock launcher, I use Microsofts, so that's kind of irrelevant for me.
yeah that's what I'm using as well, I'm having problems with apps that are supposed to auto rotate to landscape on opening, that no longer do, and an app that the only way to get it to display properly on opening is to reboot the phone prior to opening it

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yeah that's what I'm using as well, I'm having problems with apps that are supposed to auto rotate to landscape on opening, that no longer do, and an app that the only way to get it to display properly on opening is to reboot the phone prior to opening it
Which apps?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Which apps?
Words with friends is the one that doesn't display properly without a restart of the phone

Screenshot_20220226-175301_Words 2.jpg

Screenshot_20220226-175429_Words 2.jpg

Angry birds friends no longer auto rotates on opening, neither does DJI Fly which is the app used for flying my drone, all 3 apps behave properly when used on my old LG V50 that runs A11, and they were all ok on the Z fold 2 before the update to A12 etc

Last edited: