Android auto maybe

chrissib

Bronze Level Poster
I have a problem in that I have a long term hire car, as part of my deal/package with my job. The problem is that out of all the hire cars I have had, which are changed every few months, this is the worst for radio reception.
I prefer to listen to a particular radio station on my way to work, but only get a reception when I almost get to work, an hour into the drive. I have a mobile, where I always have maps running, for up to date traffic and best routes, and dash cam running for obvious reasons. This probably doesn't help the reception strength, but other cars before it were far better.
Due to the car not being mine, I cannot make any alterations in improving reception, like getting a better antenna, or buying some booster which I would have to fit onto the car. I have recently been looking into this 'android auto' function, as I use an android phone, which is always being used for maps and other music options.
I have managed to connect via USB and get the maps playing on my car screen, and music from media, as an option for the lack of reception. But the radio reception remains a problem. I was wondering if there are any experts who can tell me if I can use my phone to get the desired station on the internet, and force this through the android auto function ability. Also, I can't seen the APP on my phone to play around with the settings, as it only appears when I connect the USB in my car.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Can you not just use bluetooth audio and play your radio station over that as you would for music stored on the phone?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have a problem in that I have a long term hire car, as part of my deal/package with my job. The problem is that out of all the hire cars I have had, which are changed every few months, this is the worst for radio reception.
I prefer to listen to a particular radio station on my way to work, but only get a reception when I almost get to work, an hour into the drive. I have a mobile, where I always have maps running, for up to date traffic and best routes, and dash cam running for obvious reasons. This probably doesn't help the reception strength, but other cars before it were far better.
Due to the car not being mine, I cannot make any alterations in improving reception, like getting a better antenna, or buying some booster which I would have to fit onto the car. I have recently been looking into this 'android auto' function, as I use an android phone, which is always being used for maps and other music options.
I have managed to connect via USB and get the maps playing on my car screen, and music from media, as an option for the lack of reception. But the radio reception remains a problem. I was wondering if there are any experts who can tell me if I can use my phone to get the desired station on the internet, and force this through the android auto function ability. Also, I can't seen the APP on my phone to play around with the settings, as it only appears when I connect the USB in my car.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You can usually get specific apps for radio stations like bbc sounds or greatest hits radio. Failing that there are loads of generic radio internet radio apps, just have too Google if your station is included.

which station is it?

chrissib

Bronze Level Poster
Hi, thanks for the advice.
I downloaded the app to my phone, and when android auto was next connected, the app appeared in the menu, and worked perfectly.