Android Custom Roms

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hello,

Was wandering if anyone else is using custom roms out there on their android phones?

I'm currently using Paranoid Android on my SGS2 which uses Tablet OS and gives a lot more customization options but the signal just doesn't seem to stable.

Got about 4 different modems to flash when it goes.

Any rom preferences would be appreciated. I liked the RR Rom but the guy put his own logos all over it and too much bloatware for my liking.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
I'm currently using AOKP's Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on my Galaxy S. Works fine and is quite fast, the only problem so far is that Facebook contacts don't sync so I'm using Friendcaster instead.

pr1s0ner

Ive not tried with 4 but the older releases were pretty easy to configure your own roms. Backup first and have fun flashing! :)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I've got Paranoid working for the moment, the trouble is i keep looking at other roms hoping for something better by Cynogenmod is as good as it gets i guess. Was hoping for a windows rom but i think there are hardware constrictions there.

Tehmoe

Gold Level Poster
Runing a Nexus 4 with PA aswell, really nice rom I must say, love how you can have certain apps in tablet mode and others not. More so they have a new feature were you can tell apps to go tablet mode when they are landscape and in phone mode when not.

Been roming since my SGS days and I love it, normally stick to cm/aokp/pa as they tend to give the best features and stability.

Keithg

Enthusiast
I ran loads on my HTC desire but my one x is currently stock on jelly bean. Although I imagine in a few months i will get bored and want a change.
It is a shame that some manu dont make it more open (unlocked bootloaders as default etc)

Jimmm

You ll a lot of custum roms on XDA and Androidevolved. There will be 10-20 of them. You choose on the basis of you requirements!
I have always liked cyanogen mod.

Last edited:

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Yeah i just upgraded to a G Note 2 and have been jumping between Stock, Paranoid Android and CM10.1.

CM being my favorite but theres a few things wrong with it, see they released their M Builds of CM today but note for the note 2 yet