AntiVir. Bullguard / MSE

JSG10

Expert
Firstly, Bullguard, what a load of rubbish. How irritating is that box that pops up everytime I run something that uses the internet... Bah. Consequently uninstalled.

Just installing and updated MSE now, I saw Gorman mentioned it on some other post. How efficient and effective is it?

neewhom

Silver Level Poster
Don't see what your problem is, had bullguard for 3 years now and it's perfect for gamers and internet users in general, if u get a pop up everytime something uses the net, your doing something wrong I only get that message once per program for it's entire lifetime.

EVERY AV does this unless u tell it otherwise, switch it off or make sure it remembers your answer, I mean, that's what AVs are for protecting and notifying, if you looking for something that reads your mind your looking into the future.

Call me biased but I refuse to believe bullguard is crap after spending half my life on a computer and NEVER having a significant virus problem using this piece of software, and to note I quite often visit unsecured sites too.

JSG10

Expert
I used to use AVG, no problems with that, just seeing if there is anything better out there thats free :) am going to give MSE a go for a while and see how that goes. I just don't like Bullguard, only rubbish in my opinion.
Only ever had virus problems many years back when I was uneducated and unexperienced with my first ever PC lol ended up a right mess that poor thing :(