Any experience with new 15.6 " Fusion III laptop

shoolmez

Dear all,

Does anybody have any experience with the new 15.6" Fusion III laptop? I will not be gaming but will be doing numerical calculations/simulations and processing of photos.

Thanks,
Paul

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's very new, so probably not. The chassis is apparently a TongFang PF5WN2G if you want to google around for reviews. Whether it's PCS or another builder using that chassis, the experience is going to be pretty similar.

It has only a -u series CPU and single channel RAM, which could affect performance for your uses. And the dGPU is very weak if you need something with a bit of GPU horsepower to it. But it seems pretty thin and light (1.55kg for a 15.6" laptop apparently).

The 14" one which is Tongfang also seems to be fine, if you are focusing on portability over getting as much performance as possible. The 15.6" seems to be designed with similar aims, and since it sports a very similar hardware configuration is likely to be quite similar inside too...

Otherwise the Cosmos may be worth looking at for the -H series CPUs (and dual channel RAM)

shoolmez

It's very new, so probably not. The chassis is apparently a TongFang PF5WN2G if you want to google around for reviews. Whether it's PCS or another builder using that chassis, the experience is going to be pretty similar.

It has only a -u series CPU and single channel RAM, which could affect performance for your uses. And the dGPU is very weak if you need something with a bit of GPU horsepower to it. But it seems pretty thin and light (1.55kg for a 15.6" laptop apparently).

The 14" one which is Tongfang also seems to be fine, if you are focusing on portability over getting as much performance as possible. The 15.6" seems to be designed with similar aims, and since it sports a very similar hardware configuration is likely to be quite similar inside too...

Otherwise the Cosmos may be worth looking at for the -H series CPUs (and dual channel RAM)
Thanks for the chassis number, That is very helpful. I will look into it. I have a home-built desktop for the high performance simulations/calculations. I wanted to get something for portability purposes when I am traveling. Your inputs are indeed helpful.