Any idea why no option to add extra fans to Mini PCs in the configurator?

liquidtmd

Bronze Level Poster
Seems like it would be a good idea to encourage more fans in the small form factor builds and its there in the Desktops, with the options now seemingly back in stock after an absence

Have PCS previously commented on this or am I missing something?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Seems like it would be a good idea to encourage more fans in the small form factor builds and its there in the Desktops, with the options now seemingly back in stock after an absence

Have PCS previously commented on this or am I missing something?

I don't think they have. My guess is different cases have different optional size fans and it could be a hassle to stock them. You can always buy them from another retailer and ask PCS to fit them for you.

liquidtmd

Bronze Level Poster
That sounds reasonable Keynes.

Its just with obviously popular long term Mini PC models (i.e. the Bitfenix), I thought they would have made some kind of provision. They have a whole option on the Configurator for 'Processer Cooling' to add the CoolerMaster 120M on the Mini PCS, which is kind of redundant since it isn't compatible with anything on the Inventory bar the Bitfenix, so the idea of being able to add Fans to specific models seems like a not unreasonable trade off.

No biggie, just curious.