Any reason why PCS only offer 2 yrs collect and return to base warranties?

Singularity

Hi, I just wondering why PCS only offer a 2 year collect and RTB warranty on their laptops. I was looking at the extreme performance range and was a bit surprised by this as other performance laptop companies in the UK offer this option.

Are there any plans to have this as an option in the future?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
it is often because parts become outdated too quickly and they will not source them in 3 years time, or it may because laptops are much more likely to break and therefore they were starting to lose money

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Can you clarify - are you looking for a 3 year collect and return warranty?

doombug

Can you clarify - are you looking for a 3 year collect and return warranty?

I believe he was referring to a 3 year Collect and return, parts and labour warranty OR the Platinum warranty which was pulled off recently. I was also wondering about this too because it may be a deal breaker for some people when ordering a 1500£ gaming laptop, including me. The reason he is asking this is probably because of the other major Clevo retailer for the UK: Kobalt which seem to offer a 3 year collect and return, parts and labour warranty.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Because we sell chassis manufactured by several companies (not just Clevo) we have never offered a 3 year warranty. Whilst it might be easy to support warranty repairs on Clevo chassis, other manufacturers occasionally EOL (end of life) parts relatively quickly after they stop manufacturing the chassis, making it difficult for us to offer an efficient warranty service.

We would be happy to offer a 3 year Platinum warranty on request (for Clevo chassis) - please contact our call centre to arrange this.

doombug

I am glad that you have a 3 year Platinum warranty request option. How will this request be processed? Should this request be stated before the online customization and order confirmation, or after?

omens

Gold Level Poster
Gah! I'd have gone for a full three year warranty too if I'd known sooner. Just went for the max available for the vortex II. Can I upgrade this? Laptop is due to arrive Monday (unable to accept delivery on Friday).

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
You are welcome to upgrade the warranty if you have only recently purchased from us. If you have not yet purchased, simply save a quote and call us prior to ordering. :)

Guru

Just out of interest how much would a collect and return 3 year on the Vortex II cost?

I've not ordered yet but this may affect my decision on where to order from.

Thanks,

G

Singularity

Hi, yes I was eluding to a 3 yr collect and return warranty as "doombug" mentioned above. I thought it was odd because when you press the information button for warranties, it shows that there is a platinum (3yr C & RTB) warranty, but there is no option for it on the laptop config page.

It's nice to know that PSC provide it for Clevo chassis' if you call up, but wouldn't it just be more convenient to add this option to all of Clevo's laptop config. pages? I agree with Doombug this would be a deal breaker for a lot of people (Kobalt, Rock, Dell/alienware also do at least a 3 year C & RTB).

I also would like to know how much a 3yrs C & RTB would cost on a Clevo?

Thanks

Last edited: