any virgin media super hub users on these forums?

Al.Neri

Super Star
I got the call from VM last week about upgrading my old modem for one of these super hubs. I was also told they would be upgrading my speed to 30MBs as well.

the engineer came round today to install it, and didn't see any initial speed increase. I put that down to the possibility of it being saturday afternoon and there might be a lot of traffic. however, since then, my speed has dropped massively. this is my current speed through the super hub

not only is my download speed slow, I am also losing my connection regularly.

is there something not set up correctly, or could it be a faulty unit?

Rakk

The Awesome
I've just upgraded to a super hub (and upgraded to a 60meg line) and I haven't noticed any drops (though admittedly I haven't been watching the speed too much, I've just moved house, I've been a bit busy)

But this was my speed a few mins ago:
2268375027.png

And the tests that I have done on it are always about the same numbers

Attachments

• 2268375027.png
    2268375027.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 189

Rakk

The Awesome
At a rough guess there may be a problem on the line or something is set up wrong.
I suspect a call to Virgin is required to sort it out, mine worked as soon as we connected the superhub.

I know a few weeks ago in my old place my internet ground to a halt, that was cos there was a problem in the local area, but the fact that yours seems to have happened at the same time as the upgrade to the superhub is either very coincidental or its something isn't working as planned.

Stevos

The superhub as a wireless router is crap, Set it to modem mode and by your own wirless router like i did and i havent had any connection issues.

With regards to your speed, you need to check your DB signal under the routers homepage and click the top right corner for router status.

The download stream should be around -4db to +4db
Upstream should be around 50db

You can ring 150 and ask for second line support who connect to your pc and run some test.