anyone a music producer?

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
does anyone know about electric drum kits, VSTis (ez drummer) and drum maps?

Baiscally, some of the keys on the ezx metalheads drum map aren't within the range of my alesis dm 5 drum kit,

I need to make ez drummer use a custom drum map that I make which moves some of the samples to within my assignable key range but I have no idea how to make a drum map or how to make it work with the samples on ezx metalheads,

any help would be appreciated, because right now I have a drum kit which can only play half of the cymbals within the program.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Ah but here's the thing DM5 is only 61 notes I need 88.

I've put in a picture of the keyboard layout, as an attachment, as you can see the note goes above 96 and below 36.

I think I know how to create a drum map now but there's no way I know how to make it trigger the sounds from EZX metalheads

So it's not a case of assigning the MIDI notes on the DM5, I've tried that it's just that some aren't within range :|

pr1s0ner

I've not got one, so I am only basing this on the manual, but although the DM5 has a range of 61 notes you can change the root note, so you should be able to cover the full 88 note range that EZ Drummer offers.
The DM5 is chainable, intended so that you can increase the number of sounds that can play together at any one time. Shifting the range on one would cover the entire 88 note range, and give you 32 note polyphony

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
I've not got one, so I am only basing this on the manual, but although the DM5 has a range of 61 notes you can change the root note, so you should be able to cover the full 88 note range that EZ Drummer offers.
The DM5 is chainable, intended so that you can increase the number of sounds that can play together at any one time. Shifting the range on one would cover the entire 88 note range, and give you 32 note polyphony

ah OK, well I've done a bit of messing around today, I have changed the root note but it still only goes up by 61.

It starts off as default at C1 36, up to 96 whatever that is, I can change it down to 26 (the cymbal I want) but then it goes up to 86, which leaves out some of the notes 100 and above,

anyway the kick is on 36 so I can't go higher than that as the root to reach the other cymbals but at least with it set to 26 I can hear Wo of the cymbals I want,

this will have to do for now, if you have knowledge of drum maps then please help, I can't change the pitch in Cubase,

what I want to do is map some of the chinas which are whereever they are shown in the attachment I put in my first post, and move them to the blank notes which are around 40 on the picture.

I understand you can't edit EZDrummer drum maps, so I started my own up, muted everything and it works with EZDrummer but it won't let me change pitch, the other columns are editable, but this one, you click on it and it does nothing..

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
actually you know what i've done it :)

it wasn't so much a case of wanting ALL the cymbals within the range but just cherrypicking the three chinas which i now have in my grasp, or range as the case may be.

thanks for the help!

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Glad you got it sorted.
Did you sort out the midi-mapping or find another way around it?

just changed the root note down and had to miss out some cymbals but managed to include the ones I wanted

so it's a workaround of sorts but I didn't ever create my own drum maps or get anything to work so I settled for what I could do.