Anyone having issues with RMA parts

Maclaverty

Anyone having issues with RMA parts as mine has been pending for a failed GPU since Friday afternoon with no movement or updates?

Maclaverty

So I had an issue with my 2080S in August and they replaced it next day which was super impressive. I gave them a call yesterday as I am cognisant that 2080S have been discontinued and 3000 series are very rare and they mentioned they should be able to get a card out to me yesterday as a few of each are in stock but so far RMA still pending approval with no real update so it must be stock issues. Just annoying as the card is only 3 months old.

Maclaverty

Yeh this was the issue yesterday were they couldn't get in contact with the warehouse to confirm stock which was showing on their system... As I said in August they were rapid but now with a shortage of 2000/3000 series cards it's an absolute rubbish time for a GPU to die haha. I will call them tomorrow but took over 2hrs on hold yesterday which is just emotional.

Maclaverty

So 3 working days since RMAing the GPU and countless phone calls, nobody knows what is happening with stock and are just continuing to send emails which aren't being answered 😭 god this is really a nightmare!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
So 3 working days since RMAing the GPU and countless phone calls, nobody knows what is happening with stock and are just continuing to send emails which aren't being answered 😭 god this is really a nightmare!
It seems from posts on here that some people are waiting over 3 weeks for RMAs to be dealt with. It may even be longer...

Email is never the best way to contact PCS. They are rarely answered in a timely way in normal times (though I'd agree that they should be), in the heat of the 3080 debacle I suspect emails are going to be answered even less speedily. You can try using the Live Chat, though I think they can only deal with sales queries, or call them on the phone and accept you're going to have to hold on a while.

Maclaverty

Oh god... May be in for the long haul, only need a replacement GPU 😭. Sorry should have been clearer, I have been calling them but it's their internal emails to the warehouse etc which isn't getting answered so just stuck until something gets answered.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Oh god... May be in for the long haul, only need a replacement GPU 😭. Sorry should have been clearer, I have been calling them but it's their internal emails to the warehouse etc which isn't getting answered so just stuck until something gets answered.
I suspect you're caught up in the same Nvidia delivery debacle as everyone else in that case.

What are your full specs?

Maclaverty

Yep, very frustrating:

Case CORSAIR 275R AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® TUF Z490-PLUS GAMING (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)- Now upgraded to 32gb 8 pack OC 3600Mhz.
Graphics CardZotac 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W). Bought another 1Tb M.2 Western digital for game storage.
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingPCS FrostFlow 120 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler

But currently sat useless and unusable 😭

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Might be an idea bit if you can afford to maybe see if you can upgrade the card to a newer model?

This is exactly what I did (2070 to 3070). The replacement took exactly a week.

I imagine it would of been a much longer wait if I stuck with the 2070 as it was no longer on the configurator.

Maclaverty

Yeh they mentioned this on Monday, either 2080 S, 3070 or 3080 and I honestly just said whatever they can dispatch the quickest which currently seems none of them haha

Tyler1999

Bronze Level Poster
My PC got picked up on Tuesday, status changed to RMA received yesterday. I've been told 3 to 4 weeks as a time frame but I suppose it depends how easy the part is to get.

Maclaverty

Oh thats not good, at least mine is only the GPU and can be replaced. My whole rig did blow 2 weeks after receiving it, the PSU died but i had it back within 7 days but that was July. Fingers crossed you get a quick fix.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Unfortunately this time of year, its really busy - my 5 year old laptop blew up mid October and was sent back to them on 19th. It took them two weeks to get round to assess it and price up cost of fixing it.

Insurance company job (as had extended warranty) and unfortunately laptop is now a write off, so ordered a new one and awaiting delivery - hopefully this weekend now.

All dealt with as part of the RMA so will be 4 weeks in the end - but I have to say the technician has been excellent in keeping me updated as one new build failed testing etc - so changed the spec now and fingers crossed this passes tomorrow so I can get it delviered.

Tyler1999

Bronze Level Poster
Hoping mine gets accessed asap but can understand it's busy time. Just want to know which parts need replacing.

Maclaverty

So I still have not had an email reference GPU stock since Monday when they enquired with the warehouse and now I have been offered for me to send my 2080 S back to them, at my own cost which is appalling, and they will send off to the manufacturers to fix. Cognisant its busy, its nearly Christmas etc so If I did that course of action I wouldn't expect that card back for at least 6 - 8 weeks meaning my £1800 PC is written off for some time. Have sent another round of emails to see what the stock update would be before I send the card in and will chase with a phone call on Monday but not hopeful for a quick resolution.

Lesson learnt... next time don't be lazy and build my own PC...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I still have not had an email reference GPU stock since Monday when they enquired with the warehouse and now I have been offered for me to send my 2080 S back to them, at my own cost which is appalling, and they will send off to the manufacturers to fix. Cognisant its busy, its nearly Christmas etc so If I did that course of action I wouldn't expect that card back for at least 6 - 8 weeks meaning my £1800 PC is written off for some time. Have sent another round of emails to see what the stock update would be before I send the card in and will chase with a phone call on Monday but not hopeful for a quick resolution.

Lesson learnt... next time don't be lazy and build my own PC...
What warranty did you order? You didn’t list that in your spec?

Maclaverty

3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) which I would expect they arrange postage for me?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) which I would expect they arrange postage for me?
They certainly should do. I wouldn't be happy with that, I'll email this to customer services if that's ok? Worst comes to the worst they'll say the same thing, but perhaps they'll be able to get something sorted in regards to shipping costs.