Anyone heard of Cinematic Orchestra?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

Don't know if any of you have heard of Cinematic Orchestra, I came across them with their second album "Every Day" back in 2002 and have been an avid fan ever since.

Genre wise, the only thing I can best think of is a Nu Jazz kind of vibe.

Their latest album though is really something else, it's been out for a couple of years now, but every time I stick it on, it's like the first time I've heard it.

Latest album is "To Believe" and I'm thinking @Stephen M may appreciate it, stick it on loud and let it wash over you! All their albums are superb.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Wow. Only just listened to the first track but that was incredible! Those harmonies 😍
It's such a work of art, this album. Not to everyone's taste.

I just love that it's a beautiful mix between an electronic repetitive base, built up with strings and drums and it's all about builds and crescendos, I really love it.

I do think this is their best album to date, took 7 years in production!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It's such a work of art, this album. Not to everyone's taste.

I just love that it's a beautiful mix between an electronic repetitive base, built up with strings and drums and it's all about builds and crescendos, I really love it.

I do think this is their best album to date, took 7 years in production!
I’ll definitely give the rest of it a listen. I got a little bit of a Godspeed You Black Emperor vibe from the layered, heavy on the reverb soundscape.

Thanks for bringing them to my attention 👍

Stephen M

Author Level
Hi all

Don't know if any of you have heard of Cinematic Orchestra, I came across them with their second album "Every Day" back in 2002 and have been an avid fan ever since.

Genre wise, the only thing I can best think of is a Nu Jazz kind of vibe.

Their latest album though is really something else, it's been out for a couple of years now, but every time I stick it on, it's like the first time I've heard it.

Latest album is "To Believe" and I'm thinking @Stephen M may appreciate it, stick it on loud and let it wash over you! All their albums are superb.

Only a quick listen but will certainly be having a good listen to it when I have time. Thanks.

MiniSparks

Bronze Level Poster
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but I just wanted to say wow. I hadn't heard of them until now. I've only listened to the first 20mins but I'll be listening to the rest later for sure. Definitely something I'd chill out to.

Thank you!! :love:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but I just wanted to say wow. I hadn't heard of them until now. I've only listened to the first 20mins but I'll be listening to the rest later for sure. Definitely something I'd chill out to.

Thank you!! :love:
Really pleased you like it!

I'm a bit of a music pusher, like a drug dealer with beats and strings. Can't help it, hear something I love and have to get other people to at least listen!

injecting-music.jpg

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hello,
you look like to be a music lover (i prefer the french word, "mélomane"), so, may i suggest you to try to listen this music album, i think you'll like it.

Stephen M

Author Level
You did ask :)
Also Sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss is well known from the opening of the classic film 2001, but rarely heard played on kazoos.