Anyone tried the New Outlook app yet? Thoughts from those that have?

Uridium

Greetings folks,

So, I decided to go ahead and click the "Try the New Outlook" switch that Microsoft has made so prominent on the Windows Mail App these past few months, and well, wasn't that impressed.

First off there is an ad email at the top of your emails. Secondly, it doesn't seem to run automatically at startup. Thirdly, I've noticed the App's window has to be open to receive notifications of new emails that have arrived. Any closing of the Outlook App's window results in closing the whole App and thus no notifications. The only way to continue to receive notifications is to minimise the window. When I launched the App it showed five new emails that were sent hours ago.

With the old Mail App if you closed the window you would still continue to receive notifications. I realise it's still a Pre-build but you would have thought Microsoft would have incorporated the running behaviour of the Mail App into it.

I've gone back to the Old Mail App for now.

I just wondered what other people's thoughts are on it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Greetings folks,

So, I decided to go ahead and click the "Try the New Outlook" switch that Microsoft has made so prominent on the Windows Mail App these past few months, and well, wasn't that impressed.

First off there is an ad email at the top of your emails. Secondly, it doesn't seem to run automatically at startup. Thirdly, I've noticed the App's window has to be open to receive notifications of new emails that have arrived. Any closing of the Outlook App's window results in closing the whole App and thus no notifications. The only way to continue to receive notifications is to minimise the window. When I launched the App it showed five new emails that were sent hours ago.

With the old Mail App if you closed the window you would still continue to receive notifications. I realise it's still a Pre-build but you would have thought Microsoft would have incorporated the running behaviour of the Mail App into it.

I've gone back to the Old Mail App for now.

I just wondered what other people's thoughts are on it.
It’s beta so a lot of functionality won’t be working yet. But I believe the advertising is there to stay, I think you’ll see it in the start menu too from what I understand which sucks.