Anyone use Disney+?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

I've been a long time user of NowTV, mainly stream it on my tablet while I'm working, or on my PC when going to sleep.

I only really watched 3 channels:

Comedy Central

SyFy

Fox

They've just removed Fox, apparently it's been bought out by Disney and they've pulled it entirely from broadcasting in the UK. That's my bedtime viewing gone, I just leave it on Fox all night and it shows episode after episode of American Dad and Family guy from about 9pm to 4am. It's like crack to me, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep without it.

Now Disney+ is gaining a lot of traction, and if they're buying channels like Fox, I can completely understand why!

I've now cancelled my NowTV for several reasons, cancelling decent entertainment channels and replacing them with things like Sky News and general documentary channels and you have to pay a premium just to get 1080p whereas Disney+ streams in 4k by default for the same price. And I actually own all the comedy series I watch on it outright anyway and can stream off my own server. For some reason I get a kick when something is "live" on a channel rather than selectively watching episode by episode, legacy to my childhood perhaps.

Has anyone used Disney+? Does it actually have live channels as such or is it purely a library you select and play on demand?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’ve got Disney Plus… and it’s pretty good. It was a bit bare bones when it first started but since they’ve added this new Star thing there’s a lot more grown up content. For example, Mrs C and I are currently ploughing through 24 and they’ve just added The Walking Dead. You’ve got all of Futurama, Bob’s Burgers, Scrubs, The World According To Jeff Goldblum, and a ton of other series and movies.

There’s no live channels as yet so it’s all on demand stuff, well worth a punt for a month or two to see how you get on with it 👍

Rummbler

spyder im exactly the same always watched american dad and family guy at night. im just watching them on itv2 at the moment i dont want to cancel my now tv since i watch some stuff on sky one but dont want to pay another subscription for disney

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
spyder im exactly the same always watched american dad and family guy at night. im just watching them on itv2 at the moment i dont want to cancel my now tv since i watch some stuff on sky one but dont want to pay another subscription for disney
It’s such a shame, I sleep really unevenly and usually 2 batches a night so I’ll often be up in the wee hours for a couple of hours and it had just become such a ritual to have Fox on in the background.

rouchie

Rising Star
My son has it so we run it as one of his accounts and watche mandalorian which was excellent and also goit round to watching the SHIELD series, which was also very enjoayable, and now watching LOKI and will catch up with the latest episode on Sunday

slimbob

Enthusiast
Got it to watch all the Mandalorian both seasons and also there was a lot of good movies on there. But later left as I don't really watch much T.V but really wanted to watch Mando. Might re join to watch future seasons of Mando and other Star Wars shows as I am a huge Star Wars Fan but haven't got round yet to watching The Bad Batch. :)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Sure was, he plays an Arab which is hilarious but I love it all the same
Brilliant. I saw a film on TV yesterday where Sean Connery was playing a Moroccan sheikh and that was… odd. Especially as he made no attempt at an accent.

Mind you, he played a Russian submarine commander in The Hunt For Red October, an Egyptian swordsman in Highlander and an Irish-American policeman in The Untouchables and used the same voice in all of those so I shouldn’t have been surprised.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant. I saw a film on TV yesterday where Sean Connery was playing a Moroccan sheikh and that was… odd. Especially as he made no attempt at an accent.

Mind you, he played a Russian submarine commander in The Hunt For Red October, an Egyptian swordsman in Highlander and an Irish-American policeman in The Untouchables and used the same voice in all of those so I shouldn’t have been surprised.
And no one would dare question it!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

And in each of those you could imagine him saying "Bond, James Bond" The one and only ;) :ROFLMAO:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Michael Caine is another. He's very good at playing Michael Caine...

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Michael Caine is another. He's very good at playing Michael Caine...
…and…

F71C0C01-5F93-4CB0-9668-0E89A50687AC.jpeg

slimbob

Enthusiast
Paul Dano was so bloody good in that movie, really good at getting slapped around the chops.
DD Lewis would never drink the same flavour milkshake twice unlike Michael Caine.
Seriously nothing against MC, I loved "Get Carter".
I remember Gary Oldman praising MC's acting ability when he worked with him on the Dark Knight.
So that is a glowing testimonial as Oldman is so talented.