Anyone use Disney+?

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Hi all

I've been a long time user of NowTV, mainly stream it on my tablet while I'm working, or on my PC when going to sleep.

I only really watched 3 channels:

Comedy Central

SyFy

Fox

They've just removed Fox, apparently it's been bought out by Disney and they've pulled it entirely from broadcasting in the UK. That's my bedtime viewing gone, I just leave it on Fox all night and it shows episode after episode of American Dad and Family guy from about 9pm to 4am. It's like crack to me, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep without it.

Now Disney+ is gaining a lot of traction, and if they're buying channels like Fox, I can completely understand why!

I've now cancelled my NowTV for several reasons, cancelling decent entertainment channels and replacing them with things like Sky News and general documentary channels and you have to pay a premium just to get 1080p whereas Disney+ streams in 4k by default for the same price. And I actually own all the comedy series I watch on it outright anyway and can stream off my own server. For some reason I get a kick when something is "live" on a channel rather than selectively watching episode by episode, legacy to my childhood perhaps.

Has anyone used Disney+? Does it actually have live channels as such or is it purely a library you select and play on demand?
I have Disney + for Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy etc... During the various lockdowns after watching through all of Futurama again I decided to go with the free trial of Disney. I started re-watching all of the Simpsons from the start, up to season 11 so far 😅 I can recommend it just for shows like that, also now it has Star on there it has more films and other TV shows worth watching.

If you haven't already watched it watch Solar Opposites (on Disney+), it's by the creator of Rick and Morty. Very funny show.