Anyone with a recent RMA? | After a month they send with the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yui-Hirasawa

Hello, there is someone around here who has recently requested an RMA, I am from Spain and I have a Recoil II and basically, for a change, it is like an oven and with thermal trotting to the gpu (gtx 1060) at 800MHz, the case is that it does a week that I sent it, on Monday it arrived and until Tuesday they did not register it and since then the status has not been updated again if it is updated. I would like to know how long it takes you and what solution they gave you. thank you, the only thing I don't want is to go a month without the laptop and also send it back the same, I have seen recent opinions on rma and they are not very good ...

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I haven't had a RMA recently but I do know that they are extremely busy right now. Short staffed and over-subscribed in orders. There will be an extended delay with repairs etc. I don't know if RMA's are being given priority over new orders, or if it's the other way around/different department etc.

You may have to be pretty patient at this time unfortunately.

Yui-Hirasawa

I haven't had a RMA recently but I do know that they are extremely busy right now. Short staffed and over-subscribed in orders. There will be an extended delay with repairs etc. I don't know if RMA's are being given priority over new orders, or if it's the other way around/different department etc.

You may have to be pretty patient at this time unfortunately.
I don't doubt it, but the one without a laptop is me, and on top of that the warranty time continues to run

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Agreed, in your shoes I would probably request an extension based on the amount of time it takes to sort. If normal process would dictate a week was acceptable (which I think would be fair) then anything over that should see the warranty extended by the same period.

That's something you would need to take up with PCS though. This is an unofficial support forum, we don't have any real sway with anything that can help you.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I don't doubt it, but the one without a laptop is me, and on top of that the warranty time continues to run
You can't have your cake and eat it as well. If it needs to be RMA'd then you'll be without it for as long as it takes, and that may be some time in the current climate. As far as your warranty goes, I believe that the key date is the date you request the RMA - that date needs to be within your warranty period.

Yui-Hirasawa

This morning I received an email that they are reviewing it. The only thing I hope at least is that they do not send it to me without having fixed anything and that a week after it is just as hot and the same with the gpu ...

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
I RMA'ed a Vyper 17 on 6 June (processing for a refund as I've already purchased and received a replacement Defiance VII). That is still being processed. I'm just hoping it completes before my credit card payment is due, because right now I have two £2,000+ laptops on the card...

Yui-Hirasawa

I RMA'ed a Vyper 17 on 6 June (processing for a refund as I've already purchased and received a replacement Defiance VII). That is still being processed. I'm just hoping it completes before my credit card payment is due, because right now I have two £2,000+ laptops on the card...
Is that a long time, when they notified you that they would return the money?

barlew

Godlike
I sent my laptop off for them for an RMA during the lock down and i think they had it for about a week maybe slightly more. I seem to remember the status of my laptop stayed the same for ages and then all of a sudden changed to resolved and was sent back.
I wouldn't be surprised if things are pretty slow there end right now though due to the current climate which is understandable.

Unfortunately i'm about to send it back for the 3rd time.

Yui-Hirasawa

I spoke to them on Friday and they told me there were 77 still ahead of mine.

I sent my laptop off for them for an RMA during the lock down and i think they had it for about a week maybe slightly more. I seem to remember the status of my laptop stayed the same for ages and then all of a sudden changed to resolved and was sent back.
I wouldn't be surprised if things are pretty slow there end right now though due to the current climate which is understandable.

Unfortunately i'm about to send it back for the 3rd time.
Puff, and what happened to it so that they did not repair it and it is the 3rd time that you send it?

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
Update on my RMA: they approved my refund (minus £59 for a scratch on the top of the case, which certainly wasn't there when I sent it back...) I don't have the money yet but I am watching for it. I'm annoyed about the scratch deduction, but at least I won't have two £2k+ laptops on my credit card at the same time...

barlew

Godlike
Update on my RMA: they approved my refund (minus £59 for a scratch on the top of the case, which certainly wasn't there when I sent it back...) I don't have the money yet but I am watching for it. I'm annoyed about the scratch deduction, but at least I won't have two £2k+ laptops on my credit card at the same time...

Thats' good news mate i'm glad it worked out for you.

Yui-Hirasawa

Well, I have news, I don't know if it is good or bad, first of all I am sorry for the bad English but I am using a translator.
I have spoken to them by chat and they have told me that since yesterday they are already looking at it, well because the state is still in RMA received.
On the subject of temperatures they supposedly tell me that it is already solved, that one thinks well, tells me that the laptop had dust (dust? But if I cleaned it a week before sending it and it was still the same ... I leave a photo of when I cleaned it ) and that they have changed the thermal paste (oops, but if I changed it like 7 times in two weeks in any possible way and the problems continued, mx4.2019 edition ...), it is supposed that with this they have solved the problem of maximum temperatures of 99ºc and in the gpu with lows at 800MHz? I do not want to think badly but I doubt it ... Supposedly it remains to send me a document of what the technician has done and supposedly he has yet to prove that it is ok ...
Then, I had another problem with the battery, which is swollen, the laptop is from 10-2018, and therefore in its conditions, which says that it does not cover a battery for more than 6 months ... A battery that I have not used more than 15 times and it is swollen and if I want to change it it is 67 €, everything is correct ...

So nothing, I was initially afraid of it on the subject of temperatures and I am seeing that after more than three weeks with the rma, when I have it back I will continue with the same temperature and TT problems ...
Another thing that I liked also, is that after three weeks at no time have they apologized or something at least for the high waiting time, whether it's their fault or not ...

I'll keep waiting for more news
fESc7Ib.jpg

gPExiQM.jpg

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Well, I have news, I don't know if it is good or bad, first of all I am sorry for the bad English but I am using a translator.
I have spoken to them by chat and they have told me that since yesterday they are already looking at it, well because the state is still in RMA received.
On the subject of temperatures they supposedly tell me that it is already solved, that one thinks well, tells me that the laptop had dust (dust? But if I cleaned it a week before sending it and it was still the same ... I leave a photo of when I cleaned it ) and that they have changed the thermal paste (oops, but if I changed it like 7 times in two weeks in any possible way and the problems continued, mx4.2019 edition ...), it is supposed that with this they have solved the problem of maximum temperatures of 99ºc and in the gpu with lows at 800MHz? I do not want to think badly but I doubt it ... Supposedly it remains to send me a document of what the technician has done and supposedly he has yet to prove that it is ok ...
Then, I had another problem with the battery, which is swollen, the laptop is from 10-2018, and therefore in its conditions, which says that it does not cover a battery for more than 6 months ... A battery that I have not used more than 15 times and it is swollen and if I want to change it it is 67 €, everything is correct ...

So nothing, I was initially afraid of it on the subject of temperatures and I am seeing that after more than three weeks with the rma, when I have it back I will continue with the same temperature and TT problems ...
Another thing that I liked also, is that after three weeks at no time have they apologized or something at least for the high waiting time, whether it's their fault or not ...

I'll keep waiting for more news
fESc7Ib.jpg

gPExiQM.jpg
That's a photo AFTER you cleaned it? You did an incredibly poor job then, the fan blades are covered in dust!

I'm really starting to think that you have no idea what you're talking about and that you just like moaning for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.