APC Schneider Electric Back-UPS ES - BE700G-UK

chrisblackford636

battry won't charge software all ways at 0% had it one day turn off at plug at night next day went too use pc and won't charge any one got any ideas?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
How old is it? The batteries don't last forever. You can get the batteries replaced but in my experience that's around half the cost of a new UPS, so I generally just replace the whole UPS.

I see that UPS model has only a 700VA power rating which means that you're asking a lot for it to hold up a PC overnight. I have an 800VA UPS that powers the PC, the monitor and the wireless router and even with the PC at near idle I'm doing well if it holds those three up for more than an hour.

chrisblackford636

How old is it? The batteries don't last forever. You can get the batteries replaced but in my experience that's around half the cost of a new UPS, so I generally just replace the whole UPS.

I see that UPS model has only a 700VA power rating which means that you're asking a lot for it to hold up a PC overnight. I have an 800VA UPS that powers the PC, the monitor and the wireless router and even with the PC at near idle I'm doing well if it holds those three up for more than an hour.
got it friday i did not leve it on all night the pc and everything was off wen i turn it off a plug i only need it last few mins so i can have time turn pc off in case power cut

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
got it friday i did not leve it on all night the pc and everything was off wen i turn it off a plug i only need it last few mins so i can have time turn pc off in case power cut
Best to contact the seller then, sounds faulty or the software you're using to read the charge is buggy or not installed correctly.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Best to contact the seller then, sounds faulty or the software you're using to read the charge is buggy or not installed correctly.
Agreed, there's something not right there. I would take it back.

TBH a 'standby' UPS, such as the one you have, is not the best UPS solution, they're popular because they're cheap. 'Standby' systems work by physically switching to a battery when the mains fails, the problem with that is the time it takes to do the switch. Devices will see a small power flick as the UPS switches and some devices don't like that (though a PC shouldn't notice). It may be that the switch has failed on yours?

You'd be much better off with a 'line interactive' UPS, where the devices (PC, monitor etc.) are always running off the battery and the battery is kept topped up by the mains voltage. When the mains fails there is no switching done at all, all that happens is that the battery stops being charged. Because there's no switch there's no mains flick, in fact devices on a 'line interactive' UPS have no way of knowing that the mains has failed. The more expensive 'line interactive' UPSs have a USB input to the PC to tell the PC that the mains has failed!