appreciation of language

• Thread starter Deleted member 41971
  • Start date

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I started to learn French again the other year using an app called Duolingo, and was doing ok then Covid came along and i stopped (must start again).

I can speak some American and also a smattering of Australian..................... 😂
Fair dinkum @Martinr36. Have you had the chance to converse in Strine down under? I had 5 trips to Australia for work 2-3 years ago. It is a long way to travel.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Fair dinkum @Martinr36. Have you had the chance to converse in Strine down under? I had 5 trips to Australia for work 2-3 years ago. It is a long way to travel.
No I've never been out there, however one of my nephews moved out there from Preston some years back and lives in Cairns............

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
We went to a christening in Adelaide decades ago (we were Godparents) and made a holiday of it. We were invited to a barbie and when we got there my wife was sat with the Sheilas and I was sat with the Bruces.

The guys asked what sports I was in to and when I said I wasn't much into sport it went quiet. I could see them wondering what on Earth we were going to find to talk about!