Are these cables correct?

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
Hi guys. Just received my first pc and it’s looking great. I’m about to install my gpu and I’ve noticed there are some things about the pcie cables I’m not quite understanding. The 3090 requires 2 8 pin connectors fed through an adapter. However, I’m only seeing 2 6 pin connectors. Do I need to rewire ?

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
Hi guys. Just received my first pc and it’s looking great. I’m about to install my gpu and I’ve noticed there are some things about the pcie cables I’m not quite understanding. The 3090 requires 2 8 pin connectors fed through an adapter. However, I’m only seeing 2 6 pin connectors. Do I need to rewire ?

Edit. They're actually 6+2 PCIE connectors. Can I just use them together as one 8 pin?

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
Which muppet is it? Kermit? Miss Piggy? Fozzy Bear? Beaker? It's important to know specific details if we are going to troubleshoot ;)
1603899346038.png

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
That is a monster! You’ve almost got room for another 3090 behind yours!

Very nice! That’s going to soar!
Ha. I still can’t quite believe how big the case is. Undervolted the gpu last night and was getting consistent 65 (max 70) temps whilst playing red dead and control max settings.
Can’t say I miss the days of having to seriously undervolt my laptops cpus so it didn’t hit 90. The thing is a beast and super quiet as well