Are these the symptoms of a dying gpu?

Dear all,

I sent my gpu back to PCS in march because of a faulty fan / thermal issues. I got it back in may, hoping all would be well from then on.

Well...

New issues came up. It used to be a game crash with directx error message here and there, but nothing to worry about. It's gotten much worse the past few days. The pictures below all come from Starcraft II, because it's the only game that would show these symptoms without crashing immediately after:

I've tried the following:

- Disconnect / reconnect GPU to motherboard
- Ran a clean-wipe of all gpu drivers and reinstalled most recent drivers manually
- Ran a clean-wipe of all gpu drivers and reinstalled most recent drivers using geforce experience
- Ran a clean-wipe of all gpu drivers and installed earlier drivers manually
- Complete computer restore to factory settings

Nothing worked.

Have I missed anything?

Thank you for your replies!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yep, I've tried that. Clean windows install from usb drive, but to no avail.

I launched Divinity Original Sin 2 and the game crashed literally 30 seconds in.

Seems to be a common error on that game, make sure all patches are applied:

Seems to be a common error on that game, make sure all patches are applied:

I bought the game on steam, it should be up to date. Other games keep showing the same problems, too.

How did you install drivers when you reinstalled?

I launched DDU in safe mode to uninstall gpu drivers completely. I then reinstalled them using geforce experience and a second time with an .exe I downloaded directly from Nvidia

You could try this program to stop the display driver from crashing fully, this should tell you more if it's an issue with the driver or game, or if it is actually hardware related:

I tried TDR Manipulator. It prevented Divinity Original Sin 2 from crashing completely after loading, but did not solve the many graphic glitches still appearing in the game (flashy green pixelated boxes here and there + large dark geometric shapes)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I bought the game on steam, it should be up to date. Other games keep showing the same problems, too.

I launched DDU in safe mode to uninstall gpu drivers completely. I then reinstalled them using geforce experience and a second time with an .exe I downloaded directly from Nvidia

I tried TDR Manipulator. It prevented Divinity Original Sin 2 from crashing completely after loading, but did not solve the many graphic glitches still appearing in the game (flashy green pixelated boxes here and there + large dark geometric shapes)
That does sound like a hardware issue on the card then. I’d contact PCS

Slightly unrelated question, when a RMA is eligible for a "standard replacement", does that mean the faulty component is replaced by a brand new one?