Are you getting vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loso64

Yeah as said in my reply to @AgentCooper, did it cause my job is high risk. Right now I’m starting to have headache and tiredness and I feel a bit warmed up
Yeah the headache one seems to be quite common, mom had second one today, she also reported headache. Will pass in few days.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I got Astrazenica first jab just over a month ago, felt like someone poured concrete into my arm and had a headache and temp for around 48 hours. Was 100% then though, worth it 48 hours of discomfort for peace of mind? Easy choice for me

Booked the next day off work for the second jab though

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got Astrazenica first jab just over a month ago, felt like someone poured concrete into my arm and had a headache and temp for around 48 hours. Was 100% then though, worth it 48 hours of discomfort for peace of mind? Easy choice for me

Booked the next day off work for the second jab though
I had my first jab on a Friday so slept most of Saturday, will try and get the second on a Friday too.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Couldn't sleep a minute, I lay on my left side and got the jab in my left arm. I literally couldn't move my arm without some fairly severe discomfort

I'm a terrible sleeper at the best of times though

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Curious. I had no reaction at all to either of my Pfizer jabs, except for a slight ache at the site for the rest of the day. Same for my wife, who had AZ.

Someone could earn a PhD figuring out why some are more affected than others....

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Curious. I had no reaction at all to either of my Pfizer jabs, except for a slight ache at the site for the rest of the day. Same for my wife, who had AZ.

Someone could earn a PhD figuring out why some are more affected than others....
My partners a Biomedical Scientist and she tried explaining it to me, the jist of it is "we don't really know right now but hopefully with more data we can narrow it down"

There seems to be some correlation between more severe reactions to the vaccine with people who have been exposed to Covid in some way though. The body having a more aggressive reaction due to recognising the threat but again it's not consistent enough to make a conclusion.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Couldn't sleep a minute, I lay on my left side and got the jab in my left arm. I literally couldn't move my arm without some fairly severe discomfort

I'm a terrible sleeper at the best of times though
A friend of mine had the injection arm that was swollen like a ping pong ball

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I had mine last Thurs. Within an hour my arm was a bit sore. The lass doing the injection told me to drink plenty of water or I would be more prone to symptoms. I headed home and got on the water. I felt tired earlier in the evening so just went to bed and had a cracking sleep.

Next day when I went to the bathroom I hit the shakes pretty bad. As soon as I had clothes on and had a drink of Cola I was fine though. Rest of the day I was very slightly dazed, but other than that no issues at all.

My arm was still achey yesterday but feels fine today.

I think people exposed to it have less of a reaction to be honest. I had exactly the same reaction as my mate, who had confirmed covid, while I haven't had any. I wondered if perhaps I did actually have it and was asymptomatic.

Different people have different reactions to covid as well though, my guess is it's all directly related.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

I was the same with my Astrazenica I had a slight sore throat the following day after my first one (maybe coincidence), and just a sore arm after the second (not surprising when someones just shoved a needle into it)

Status
Not open for further replies.