Are you getting vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I was the same with my Astrazenica I had a slight sore throat the following day after my first one (maybe coincidence), and just a sore arm after the second (not surprising when someones just shoved a needle into it)
Lucky you. I had to call a couple of days sick at work

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Had my first dose of Pfizer last Wednesday and aside from an achy arm for an hourish I was pretty much tip top.

The quicker life gets back to a good form of normality the better. My mental health took quite a hit being locked down and now we're opening up more and more I'm getting the chance to put that right. Being with my family at homes been great but doing everything, including just work all day at home is something else. Gone are the days I thought working from home was a luxury!

On that note, if anyone needed to talk to a stranger and stumbled upon these posts do feel free to reach out to me and talk about anything you wanted!

KippleKat

Enthusiast
What do you guys think of the COVID 19 vaccines and are you willing to get vaccinated?
I've had the Pfizer vaccine. I was worried at first, but I spoke with my brother who is a very skilled scientist and he explained a lot about how they've been developed and work in layman's terms to me. He also explained that all medicine and vaccines have side effects and potential risks, none are 100% safe, but it's about out weighing the negatives. Getting COVID is more dangerous in the long term, especially as I have young seemingly healthy friends suffering from long COVID now unable to even climb the stairs at home.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've had the Pfizer vaccine. I was worried at first, but I spoke with my brother who is a very skilled scientist and he explained a lot about how they've been developed and work in layman's terms to me. He also explained that all medicine and vaccines have side effects and potential risks, none are 100% safe, but it's about out weighing the negatives. Getting COVID is more dangerous in the long term, especially as I have young seemingly healthy friends suffering from long COVID now unable to even climb the stairs at home.
Exactly this. A few of our clients have been signed off for over a year for long Covid symtoms, a lot of people are fixated on death being the thing to avoid, that actually affects a relatively small subset, but long Covid is really nasty.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Exactly this. A few of our clients have been signed off for over a year for long Covid symtoms, a lot of people are fixated on death being the thing to avoid, that actually affects a relatively small subset, but long Covid is really nasty.
My wife suffered from ME for over a decade. Many of the symptoms are similar to long COVID and I wouldn’t wish them on anyone. Fortunately, she eventually recovered.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Problem of getting COVID and developing symptoms is that no one knows what it'll leave in your body and the consequences of it within the next years. So you might recover today from COVID but die tomorrow cause of what it left in your body

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The vaccine is not just to protect us, it's to help protect everyone by denying the virus hosts in which to mutate into more aggressive forms.

77 years ago this week our fathers and grandfathers were asked to risk their lives invading France to rid the world of a threat to everyone. All that's being asked of us today is to receive a vaccination to rid the world of another threat to everyone.

Are we going to tell those men that the risk to us from a vaccination is somehow worse than the risk that they faced storming the Normandy beaches?

Don't just think of yourself, do it for everyone else. They did

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The vaccine is not just to protect us, it's to help protect everyone by denying the virus hosts in which to mutate into more aggressive forms.

77 years ago this week our fathers and grandfathers were asked to risk their lives invading France to rid the world of a threat to everyone. All that's being asked of us today is to receive a vaccination to rid the world of another threat to everyone.

Are we going to tell those men that the risk to us from a vaccination is somehow worse than the risk that they faced storming the Normandy beaches?

Don't just think of yourself, do it for everyone else. They did
Very well said, totally agree (y)

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
I guess my father and their parents/grand parents was lucky not to be involved in the war . But I guess being Swedish protected us a bit . That being said , it is a no brainer to grab the vaccine if being offered . I`ve had my 1st shot and will soon get the 2nd , by being vaccinated you protect yourself and others .

Stephen M

Author Level
Had my second jab, AstraZeneca, about a month ago, no effects from either.
Had a very interesting chat with my haemophilia consultant and the number of people getting blood clots or other problems was about the same percentage as happens with the yearly Flu vaccines. He also noted that in all the paper he had read, many, probably the majority, of those who had very severe side effects also had significant pre-existing health issues.
I have no time for the anti-vaccine lot, as others have posted we are not just getting vaccinated for ourselves but for the community in general.

Nedd Ludd

@ Stephen M...Just to add.

Anti vacinners love using warped statistics so here is a real one. As a percentage you are less liable to have a blood clot if you take the vaccine than those who do not take the vaccine.

Blood clots are part of everyday issues with health yet nay sayers (and that includes many EU politicians) rushed to link blood clots to the vaccine. As you said, many people who experience side effects suffer from pre existing conditions.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
@ Stephen M...Just to add.

Anti vacinners love using warped statistics so here is a real one. As a percentage you are less liable to have a blood clot if you take the vaccine than those who do not take the vaccine.

Blood clots are part of everyday issues with health yet nay sayers (and that includes many EU politicians) rushed to link blood clots to the vaccine. As you said, many people who experience side effects suffer from pre existing conditions.
Unfortunately this is also true of some of the death figures, the father in law of one of my cycling mates contracted covid and died from it last year, however he had a severe ongoing medical condition as well

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That's it 5G fully installed now, last time I got it really tight especially with arm pain and pains in my hand. Didn't sleep for 2 days so this should be fun

Fingers crossed it's not as bad this time though cause it really did suck the first time

rouchie

Rising Star
That's it 5G fully installed now, last time I got it really tight especially with arm pain and pains in my hand. Didn't sleep for 2 days so this should be fun

Fingers crossed it's not as bad this time though cause it really did suck the first time
My second jab gave me less trouble than the first, so heres hoping for you mate

Status
Not open for further replies.