Are you getting vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Had my booster jab today. First two were Pfizer and I had no side effects whatsoever. My booster was Moderna and I am now feeling a bit under the weather. Not terribly so, I’m just shattered and on the cusp of a headache. Early night for me, I reckon.
Oh the thread is back alive ahahaha. Glad you're not feeling too bad :)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’ll live, and it shows that the body is providing a good immune response. And Mrs Cooper has been making me endless cups of tea this evening, I haven’t had to get off the sofa at all. So the benefits are definitely outweighing the negatives 👍

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’ll live, and it shows that the body is providing a good immune response. And Mrs Cooper has been making me endless cups of tea this evening, I haven’t had to get off the sofa at all. So the benefits are definitely outweighing the negatives 👍
Do you think there will be a fourth booster shot or a fifth one as well?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Do you think there will be a fourth booster shot or a fifth one as well?
Too early to say, some very clinically vulnerable people here in the UK are set to have a total of four shots but government/NHS guidelines may change again. One of the doctors I work with reckons it will become an annual thing for the vulnerable and the 50+ age group, like the flu jab. We shall see…

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Too early to say, some very clinically vulnerable people here in the UK are set to have a total of four shots but government/NHS guidelines may change again. One of the doctors I work with reckons it will become an annual thing for the vulnerable and the 50+ age group, like the flu jab. We shall see…
I hope there will be soon something that will avoid us to have a booster shot each 6 months - 1 year

CMP01

Enthusiast

I'd be one of those folks but... there tends to be some disconnect between GP, hospital and whoever else as to if and when such things happen. Fwiw I think I might be due for a third shot but then again, communication outside the above is also poor as well as getting clear answers. Probably best to wait until my Rheumatologist appt in December and if she thinks it's necessary she'll force it through way faster than me asking. She's a bit of a warrior like that. At least I actually got a flu jab already this season, same time as I had routine bloods done so they can be efficient when they want to.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Had my booster jab today. First two were Pfizer and I had no side effects whatsoever. My booster was Moderna and I am now feeling a bit under the weather. Not terribly so, I’m just shattered and on the cusp of a headache. Early night for me, I reckon.
Reminds me need to book mine

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
My mum is 79 and currently in Karachi has had four jabs. She initially had the Chinese vaccine earlier this year (Sinopharm I think - Yes, I too find it ironic that the manufacture of a vaccine has the word "harm" in it!).

And she recently has had two jab's of the Pfizer. I'm actually going to Karachi soon where you can pay to get your jabs so thinking I might get the Pfizer as my booster whilst I'm out there as my second jab of AZ was back in early July.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've got AZ twice, the first one was real rough. Like really badly ill rough, the second one I was completely fine though

Be interesting to see what I get next and hopefully don't have a bad reaction again. Had real anxiety getting the second one it was that bad and generally they don't bother me

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My mum is 79 and currently in Karachi has had four jabs. She initially had the Chinese vaccine earlier this year (Sinopharm I think - Yes, I too find it ironic that the manufacture of a vaccine has the word "harm" in it!).
It'll 'blow your mind' then to find out that the same word is used by all pHARMaceutical companies ;)

My booster is booked for end of November (6 months after my 2nd jab). I've not had any serious reaction (i.e. nothing more than a slightly tender arm around the injection area for a couple of hours) to either of my previous jabs.

Rakk

The Awesome
I'm still waiting for the text from my docs for my booster jab (it should be due at about the end of this month - ie about 6 months after the 2nd jab) - I had AZ for my first two but my docs have said all boosters from them will be Pfizer (no matter what you had for the first two)

Rakk

The Awesome
I suppose the bigger Q is, for those will young kids, would you allow them to be vaccinated? I've got a 6 and 11 year old.
I don't have kids so my thoughts may not be quite what you were looking for, also as someone with an immune system that is a bit of a moron (I got my third immune system disease about a year ago lol) so I might be a tad biased, I think they should be :)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I don't have kids so my thoughts may not be quite what you were looking for, also as someone with an immune system that is a bit of a moron (I got my third immune system disease about a year ago lol) so I might be a tad biased, I think they should be :)
Absolutely! If it’s been proven that the vaccination is safe for the specific age category and the healthcare authorities recommend it, the real question becomes why wouldn’t you you get them vaccinated?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm still waiting for the text from my docs for my booster jab (it should be due at about the end of this month - ie about 6 months after the 2nd jab) - I had AZ for my first two but my docs have said all boosters from them will be Pfizer (no matter what you had for the first two)
You can go on the NHS site and book it, they dropped back from 6 to 5 months to wait before booking

Status
Not open for further replies.