AsIO3.sys error

Keithj057

Good morning all.

Just recently when l switch on my desktop (windows 11) l have the AsIO3.sys - error code 5 box show up on screen, tried google to find out what it is but can't seem to find a definitive answer apart from the mention of malware which l've scanned for and nothing shows up.
Could someone please advise on this, and hopefully not a too technical solution :)
Many Thanks
Keith

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Good morning all.

Just recently when l switch on my desktop (windows 11) l have the AsIO3.sys - error code 5 box show up on screen, tried google to find out what it is but can't seem to find a definitive answer apart from the mention of malware which l've scanned for and nothing shows up.
Could someone please advise on this, and hopefully not a too technical solution :)
Many Thanks
Keith
Hiya

Could you upload a photo / screenshot of the error

Also, could you please copy and paste your full specs from the order page?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks like it’s related to Asus software, probably Armoury Crate. I’d try a complete uninstall of crate using the uninstall tool on Asus website, restart and see if error goes.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Indeed, AsIO3.sys is an Asus I/O driver, as far as I can tell it's part of Asus PC Probe, control software for your motherboard. I would suggest visiting the Asus website for your motherboard and downloading the Asus software again.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Indeed, AsIO3.sys is an Asus I/O driver, as far as I can tell it's part of Asus PC Probe, control software for your motherboard. I would suggest visiting the Asus website for your motherboard and downloading the Asus software again.
Or avoid installing it all, it causes more issues than fixes I find. ;) If the OPs spec is close to what was listed in his first thread, they have little to no RGB, so no need to install crate to control that. And fan curves could just as easily be set in BIOS or use the excellent Fan Control instead.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Or avoid installing it all, it causes more issues than fixes I find. ;) If the OPs spec is close to what was listed in his first thread, they have little to no RGB, so no need to install crate to control that. And fan curves could just as easily be set in BIOS or use the excellent Fan Control instead.
Hugely agree with this. So many issues stem from Armoury Crate.