Aspiring Streamer - What PC do I buy

AaronDunne1997

Hi Everyone, I wanted to ask people for some advice on buying my first pc for streaming and maybe eventually gaming, I have loved gaming all my life and I am going to take a swing at streaming, but I am clueless to the world of desktops that I would need to run obs and with good picture quality

I want to still play on my console and stream using a capture card to a desktop , is there any prebuilt desktops out there that I should look at buying to use just as a streaming pc? Any recommendations would be amazing, thank you!

Citrus_9

Expert
Hi Everyone, I wanted to ask people for some advice on buying my first pc for streaming and maybe eventually gaming, I have loved gaming all my life and I am going to take a swing at streaming, but I am clueless to the world of desktops that I would need to run obs and with good picture quality

I want to still play on my console and stream using a capture card to a desktop , is there any prebuilt desktops out there that I should look at buying to use just as a streaming pc? Any recommendations would be amazing, thank you!
Welcome! Could you point us to the right direction by giving your budget, telling a monitor you own (screen size, resolution and a refresh rate or make and model) or if you don't own one, would a monitor and a PC both would be included in your given budget? Also, what games and software you'd be playing/working on?

MrWilson

Godlike
Budget is the main factor here. If you're just looking for a PC to encode and stream from console you don't need a hugely powerful system. However, if you also want to game on the PC you would be looking at around £1400 to game at 1080p, and closer to £2000 if you were aiming to game and stream all on the PC.
Answering the above will help us work out the best options you have.

AaronDunne1997

Budget is the main factor here. If you're just looking for a PC to encode and stream from console you don't need a hugely powerful system. However, if you also want to game on the PC you would be looking at around £1400 to game at 1080p, and closer to £2000 if you were aiming to game and stream all on the PC.
Hi , thank you so much for your reply, I am writing from a 2nd account I had to make as I had issues with the first one, I am looking for a dedicated streaming pc, I will be using it to encode and stream from console using a capture card , the gaming will all be done on my existing console - I am in the process of purchasing monitors etc so I do not have one presently and will incorporate it into my budget, I will be running obs software when streaming, I am so new to all of this so any advice is an amazing help, do you need to know anything else from me?

AaronDunne1997

Also apologies I am looking to spend anywhere between €1000-€2000 ideally, if it has to be a bit over that is fine