Assassins Creed 4

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Meh, I think AC3 is my last assassins creed game, uPlay doesn't help, but have been disappointed by the last few AC games

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Yeah me and assassins creed 3 didnt see eye to eye. Its the only game I got and youtubed the ending because I got so bored. It has nothing to do with the main story in my opinion. Ezio story was so epic and everything and found connor a bit 2d and lackluster.

My opinon I kbow one or two of my friends who think its the best one.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Double swords and 4 guns woot :p

I liked AC3 for the setting, I'm more familiar with Native American culture than Italian Renaissance and find it a lot more interesting. However I did find the game a bit buggy and the story wasn't as captivating as the previous AC games, maybe cuz we just got handed a new assassin and told to do the job whereas we kinda evolved with Ezio. AC3 skipped through the whole of Connor's training and tbh there wasn't any difference in his fighting skills before and after training.

They improved on a few things, like "safe freerunning" which means he doesn't inexplicably jump just right or left of where you want him to go and fall to his death. But I did miss the hidden treasures in the previous ACs where you had to climb inside a huge building for 20min to get to it. There was virtually none of that in AC3.

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Do you guys think that AC4 will be on steam because ive got them all on steam apart from AC3 which is on uplay and i prefer my games to be on steam?

bigben

Master Poster
A mate showed me this last night. Looks pretty awesome.
I found the ship warfare really fun on AC3 so looking forward to it.
My main concern is that they are rushing the game out too quick. It's going the same way as cod, rushing to bring out a game and sacrificing the quality.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
My main concern is that they are rushing the game out too quick. It's going the same way as cod, rushing to bring out a game and sacrificing the quality.

watching now,

Yeah I agree, they do seem to be pumping out AC's every year now. But none of them will live up to Altair and Ezio.

steaky360

Agree'd entirely, although, from the whole "pirate" thing I'd guess they're building the game on the naval warfare mechanic, which imo is excellent. I do hope they improve it and don't take too much away from the old ways of Altair and Ezio though. But I think its probably too late for that as new players to the series won't know what they're missing...

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think they are in the same situation as any team that has made games in the same universe for this long...what do they do to keep it fresh.

If they had just made 3 and now 4 in the same vein as 1 and 2, people would complain it isn't different enough :)

Also, unlike CoD (which we can all fairly judge after the first screenshot is released) I think waiting until 4 is nearer release would be better before judging it to be poor :D

I for one welcome our new Pirate/Assassin Overlords! :D

bigben

Master Poster
But none of them will live up to Altair and Ezio.

In his day Altair was amazing, but I tried to play it again about a year ago, found it pretty boring.
Agree about Ezio though, he was awesome.

Agree'd entirely, although, from the whole "pirate" thing I'd guess they're building the game on the naval warfare mechanic, which imo is excellent.

Yeah, I loved the naval warfare, glad they are making it a bigger part of the game.

I think waiting until 4 is nearer release would be better before judging it to be poor :D

I won't judge it until I have it. I will more than likely be pre-ordering it once I have found the cheapest place.

I think the biggest problem with them rushing the game is that they are also trying to make a multiplayer part of the game as well. The multiplayer has absolutely no attraction to me at all, I played for 20 minutes on Revelations, got destroyed by all the high levels who had perks which made it easy for them but near enough impossible for me and never played it since.
However, if they have big naval battles as one of the online modes that would be pretty awesome.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
AC went downhill from Revelations for me. As soon as they added multiplayer the campaign got shorter and seemed more rushed, and went into less detail and I have been disappointed by the last 3 games so I won't be buying this one, plus I hate Ubisoft