Assassins Creed: Revelations

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
Kinda surprised to see no threads about Revelations, So far I've played all the Assassins Creed games and I really enjoyed the multiplayer in Brotherhood... Ubisoft really out did themselves with the story and the multiplayer here in Revelations though

Is anyone else playing it or thinking of getting it? So far I only have one friend that plays it and it would be nice to play a game full of friends

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I have revelations, played the single player it's pretty good,

never played online though, don't really fancy it.

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
I like the Multiplayer because its not like your average shooter where having the best weapons makes you the strongest. It plays with a lot of skill, If you cant hide and stalker your target and pursuer effectively you are going to get killed

You can also maximize your points over quality kills rather than quantity, Numerous times I have won the game based on the fact that I have gotten 5 high scoring kills over people running around getting kills worth 100 points

Its really improved from Brotherhood, so if you liked that Multiplayer you will love this one. All I say tom is give it a chance, Its fun when you got a game full of friends on skype/vent/ts and you are laughing and having a great time

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i hated the brotherhood online and in my opinion it also made the singleplayer suck, it was a lot shorter than the other 2 and didnt feel unique, was very disappointed

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Yeh don't know what game you played Wozza, but it wasn't the BH I played! :D

I am getting Rev for Christmas (so not long now!)...well, I am buying it on Steam and being reimbursed more accurately :)

Very much looking forward to it, and in no doubt whether Ubisoft have pulled it off again.

AC to me is thus far a series without flaw, and you cant say that very often about an entire series now can you? :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
in fairness i never completed it, but i was told there was only 9 sequences and all were really short, loved AC1&2 though, i would have personally preferred a different assassin everytime personally rather than the same character dragged out, could have visited so many more places already

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
You may have missed the entire point of the series there Wozza :)

AC1 = Big Al
AC2 = Big EZ
AC3 = [New Assassino]

AC:BH and Rev are simply additions to AC2, not new games :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yeh, i know they were and i know they are making a 3rd with a new character but i just see BH and revelations as pointless and a way to make more money

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I would love an assassin in ancient egypt which extends to israel etc would be awesome to take out a corrupt egyptian leader

would also love an assassin in england in the 1600s or somewhere else in Europe

Soviet Russia would also be awesome

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
The 2 I have read about so far are either in Egypt or Japan.

Alot of the speculation for the future assassins comes from the statues in the Villa (the fictional great assassins).

I think they would shy away from Egypt as there may be alot of similarities to AC1. And indeed from England, as AC2 was in Europe, and there isnt a lot of difference, depending on the timeframe ofc.

As you say, the other option is Desmond, taking on the role of fully fledged modern day Assassin.

I am sure we will know in the not too distant future at an rate :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yeh i saw somewhere about a vote to choose the next characters, there were a lot of possible places, that if anything is half the reasons i enjoyed AC1&2 just seeing places 500 years ago is pretty dam awesome

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
I remember reading a blog with the developers mentioning that the third game they want to be based in 2012 with desmond at the end of his journey as the protagonist

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I remember reading a blog with the developers mentioning that the third game they want to be based in 2012 with desmond at the end of his journey as the protagonist

This sounds unlikely as it would kinda end the story meaning no more assassins