Asus anti-surge detected?

Stephen58

Hi,
I just got my PC in today, so I was pretty disappointed when this started happening. But basically every time I load up a game (Shogun 2), the computer shuts down and restarts by telling me that asus anti-surge stopped it.
It's strange as it seems to be happening faster now, as at first I was able to play an hour, now only 5 minutes.
The psu is corsair vs650, with a gtx 770. I would have expected that to be enough power! It seems though that this is a common problem with asus, and some people have disabled the anti-surge in the bios. Is that a good idea? I've checked, it isn't the monitor causing problems, or the plugs. Purely seems to happen when under heavy workload in the game.
Any help is appreciated! This is so frustrating..

keynes

Multiverse Poster
It seems that the suggestion from PCS is to disable it, you could contact technical support for an official response.

Stephen58

Thanks! It does seem to be making a lot of problems from what I can gather. I'll wait for an answer before doing anything. Hopefully is just as simple as disabling it!

Stephen58

No answer yet unfortunately. They're usually quite fast with replying to stuff, so hopefully soon. It is extremely annoying though, especially if the solution is to just disable it, i could do that right now!