Asus Cerberus keyboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbsi

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help?

Basicly whilst I was in work my daughter has been at it and broke/messed up my keyboard. Most of the characters I press come up with something different, e.g

f = pg up (I think)....
m=j
C=x
X=c

Plus more!!!!

I've tried changing region settings, update driver , disconnect/reconnect and other things but to no availe

Also when num lock is on f = 9, not sure if this is meant to happen?

Any help welcome, thanks G

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The obvious one would be the keyboard's language/layout having been changed, though I've no idea what to. I guess check the layout in control panel > languages > options (if that's not what you meant by region settings) and check what's there for "input method".

If your kid might have installed software on the PC you can always have a look at Programs and features, sort the list by date, and see if there's anything new that oughtn't to be there.

The Cerberus also has a few features of its own that lets you change what keys do. You can read about this in the manual
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Keyboard_Mouse/E11187_Cerberus_Gaming_Keyboard_Manual.pdf
and see the various alternative settings there.

The last entry in the manual seems like a general reset of the keyboard:

Reset

NOTE:
The Reset function restores the system to the default settings.

To reset to the default settings:

• Press and hold [Fn] + [Delete] for about three (seconds) until the Nums Lock, Caps Lock, and Win Lock LEDS flash thrice, then flash once to indicate that the reset process is completed.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Forgot to add it's the Asus Cerberus keyboard.

I have the same keyboard (and the user manual :) ). I can conform that FN + Delete held for three seconds resets the keyboard. The backight will flash purple (blue and red LEDs together) and the Win Lock LED will flash once it's reset. That's probably your best solution.

The keyboard has two profiles (0 and 1). Profile 1 is when it's red and in this mode it's a full gaming keyboard with programmable keys etc. Profile 0 is when it's blue and in this mode it's just a basic keyboard with no programmable keys. You can switch between the two profiles by pressing FN + Caps Lock, the backlight flashes to confirm the switch. You might want to just switch profiles rather than do a full reset?

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I have the same keyboard (and the user manual :) ). I can conform that FN + Delete held for three seconds resets the keyboard. The backight will flash purple (blue and red LEDs together) and the Win Lock LED will flash once it's reset. That's probably your best solution.

The keyboard has two profiles (0 and 1). Profile 1 is when it's red and in this mode it's a full gaming keyboard with programmable keys etc. Profile 0 is when it's blue and in this mode it's just a basic keyboard with no programmable keys. You can switch between the two profiles by pressing FN + Caps Lock, the backlight flashes to confirm the switch. You might want to just switch profiles rather than do a full reset?

Jeez....call me old fashioned but a keyboard shouldn't be this complicated! :)7

PS...great info on it though!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Jeez....call me old fashioned but a keyboard shouldn't be this complicated! :)7

PS...great info on it though!

:)

I bought this keyboard for two reasons; first it's illuminated which means I don't need a lamp on my desk at night just to be able to see the keys, and secondly it's partially waterproof. The advertising guff says you can pour a glass of water over it, there are drain holes in the bottom to let it out. I've not tried that though....

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
:)

I bought this keyboard for two reasons; first it's illuminated which means I don't need a lamp on my desk at night just to be able to see the keys, and secondly it's partially waterproof. The advertising guff says you can pour a glass of water over it, there are drain holes in the bottom to let it out. I've not tried that though....

Oh go on.... ;-p

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry to go off topic, but whatever happened to those projection keyboards they were touting 5 or so years ago, nothing seems to have come of them and thought they were a fairly nifty idea for certain usage.

gabbsi

Yes guys!!! Thanks so much, the fn+del option worked a treat!

My head was completely scrambled last night!

Thanks again!

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Hey glad you sorted it. Nice one Ubuyusa for the advice.

Y'know I never saw a projected keyboard in use. I'd forgotten all about them.

DaveyDisc

FN+F6 worked for me.

I accidentially switched to gaming mode with red background by hitting FN+F6.

FN+DEL doesn't seem to work when in g-mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.