Asus Mother board and Power Surges

I ordered and recieved my beautifully build desk top in August this year. It was delivered and buatuifully packaged . I hooked it up and it ran like a dream for 8 weeks. I then started getting messages form the bois that the machine had recovered from a power surge. I was like WTF ? I have surge protector how come this did not trip out?

Then last week the GPU failed and when I removed it I could see a burnt out componant on the GPU board. I phone PCS and they arranged delivery of a new GPU. In the meantime I used the onboard graphics. Before the new GPU arrived and I had time to intall it the machine died completely. It would not power on. After various test I sent it back to PCS and it turned out the MB had failed.

I have had the machine back complete with new MB almost 24 hours now . Gues what ? It has shut its self down twice in the last 5 minutes with a message telling it has recovered from a power surge. I have bought a brand new surge protector so again im like WTF ? I was so freaked out that I ordered an electrician to check all my power outlets to make sure they were not surging. Im also confused that the power surge protector is not picking this up.

I phone PCS and they say the ASUS MB has some false positives with it in build surge protection. OK I understand that but im still not sure how that would blow a GPU and a MB withing a week.
Now just to be clear. The service I am getting from PCS is great. I returned the machine on Monday and it was back with a new MB by Thursday and thats awesome service considering I live 500 miles away.

I just wondered if anyone else had an explanation or any eperience of this with the ASUS MB .

T

TheGeeza

It's possible that the two problems (surge messages and blown components) weren't even linked. Have you tried another wall socket?