ASUS PCE-AC68 - Trouble connecting to full strength wireless networks

sirblinky

My new PC arrived today, and all's good aside from the wireless connectivity.

The ASUS PCE-AC68 card has refused to connect to any and all networks regardless of strength unless the antennae are in a very, very particular position, and even then I have found that from time to time it will just drop out and then it won't be able to connect again.

While I always have my last resort of switching out the wireless adapter from my old PC, I have spent a fair amount of money on this and any ideas would be appreciated.

To confirm, all drivers are up to date, I have turned Beamforcing off as I have heard this can affect connectivity.

I have noticed that other people online have also had issues with this adapter, however I have not been able to find a solution.

Thank you for any and all help.

daveeb

Enthusiast
Are you seeing the networks and can't connect or is the card not seeing the networks. If the latter try disabling then re-enabling the card in control panel. If the former i'm not sure, is wireless networking switched off ??

edit, i should read better, you said it will sometimes connect and presumably you can see the networks as you say network strength is no indicator of success...have you got a usb wifi dongle you could try ?, if that works it's presumably the card that's faulty.

Last edited: