ASUS ROG Strix 3080

ADRMik

I ordered 20.09 15:36
I haven't received my computer yet
I am going to remove the card in the order and order elsewhere.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
I ordered 20.09 15:36
I haven't received my computer yet
I am going to remove the card in the order and order elsewhere.
Fair one if you have a card to tide you over.
I on the other hand don't have that luxury 😭. So there would be no point canceling unless Asus said they weren't arriving till next year.

Last edited:

ADRMik

Fair one if you have a card to tide you over.
I on the other hand don't have that luxury 😭. So there would be no point canceling unless Asus said they weren't arriving till next year.
When you ordered a computer with a 3080 graphics card????

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Sent a email with the following questions. Prob won't get any answers im looking/hoping for, but it's worth a try, right?

With Nvidea saying stock is low and will stay that way till 2021, and with Asus not giving any info as to when they are actually releasing the ROG Strix 3080 non Oc model. Is it a possibility that I may may not see my build till early next year? Would you cancel orders after a certain time period or provide an alternative solution (such as the one below)?

Is there any chance of getting the Oc versions of ROG Strix in for replacement of non Oc versions as they seem to be available elsewhere and officially released from ASUS, and are not much more than the normal version?

If I decided to change my order to the normal generic 3080 you are currently selling, would this push me at the back of that queue considering I'm roughly on day 24 of pre production?

Last edited:

ADRMik

Sent a email with the following questions. Prob won't get any answers im looking/hoping for, but it's worth a try, right?

With Nvidea saying stock is low and will stay that way till 2021, and with Asus not giving any info as to when they are actually releasing the ROG Strix 3080 non Oc model. Is it a possibility that I may may not see my build till early next year? Would you cancel orders after a certain time period or provide an alternative solution (such as the one below)?

Is there any chance of getting the Oc versions of ROG Strix in for replacement of non Oc versions as they seem to be available elsewhere and officially released from ASUS, and are not much more than the normal version?

If I decided to change my order to the normal generic 3080 you are currently selling, would this push me at the back of that queue considering I'm roughly on day 24 of pre production?
let me know what they write back

steaky360

I'm on day 24 of pre-production now. I went with the generic 3080 first then changed it 2/3 days after to the Strix 3080.
You must have purchased your PC early and changed the GPU or you're just counting just number of days? I ordered day of release also and am up to day 15 - note it only counts working days (Mon-Fri, excluding bank holidays etc.).

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
You must have purchased your PC early and changed the GPU? I ordered day of release also and am up to day 15 - note it only counts working days.
Yup correct i had them put a note on acct 'awaiting GPU launch'. Think my initial order was around the 4th of last month.

steaky360

Yup correct i had them put a note on acct 'awaiting GPU launch'. Think my initial order was around the 4th of last month.
Makes more sense :)

So really you've only been 'waiting' 15 (working) days ;) (your PC would have been dispatched 15 days ago if not for wanting the GPU!)- appreciate it probably seems like a moot point, but worth noting for clarity.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster

So really you've only been 'waiting' 15 (working) days ;) (your PC would have been dispatched 15 days ago if not for wanting the GPU!)- appreciate it probably seems like a moot point, but worth noting for clarity.
No i get what you are saying but its still 25 working pre production days.

Gavras

Master Poster

Yes waiting days need to be compared against what ‘normal’ times are.

for info, these are mine - without Graphics card,

I put my order in on 24th August and received on 20th September..

Processed Date24-07-2020
Pre-Production Date31-07-2020
Build Date17-08-2020
Test Date17-08-2020
Awaiting Dispatch Date18-08-2020

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster

Well not much of a reply apart from

"If you choose to change the graphics card to the standard OEM version you wouldn't be put to the back of the queue, just be advised that the demand on those cards is much higher than for the ASUS ROG STRIX version, so there could be a longer wait regardless"

Take that as you will.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well not much of a reply apart from

"If you choose to change the graphics card to the standard OEM version you wouldn't be put to the back of the queue, just be advised that the demand on those cards is much higher than for the ASUS ROG STRIX version, so there could be a longer wait regardless"

Take that as you will.
I'd almost read that as just hang in there.....

ADRMik

Unfortunately, I changed the graphics card from 3080 to 2060 to get a faster computer. If everything calms down, I will buy a 3080 20Gb graphics card (supposedly to be released in December) in February.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Unfortunately, I changed the graphics card from 3080 to 2060 to get a faster computer. If everything calms down, I will buy a 3080 20Gb graphics card (supposedly to be released in December) in February.
Yeah I was thinking of going with the 20series but just doesn't make sense for me to do that when 30series is cheaper and more powerful. I can wait till the order arrives as its not a life or death situation.

Still would of been nice to have it ready for the Xmas holidays. Sigh.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
I only recently ordered my pc with the 3080 . I can't complain with PCS for update emails and will probably wait, cos i dont want to drop down to a 2080 super and the price point on 2080ti are still way to high . Would be nice to know how many builds there are before me ( roughly of course ) .

Think Nvidia needs to inform each retailer where they are on the list, so they can then inform the customers with a slightly more accurate timescale .

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
So ermmmmmm at this point not sure whether to get excited or remain skeptical.

When I sent the email above I sent 1 from the inbox from my PCS account which i supplied part of the reply in a previous post in this thread. I also sent another email (exactly the same as the first) from my Gmail acct directly, (As replying to a email previously sent) which I've just recieved a response from.

Heres the bit that will excite the guys waiting for a strix.

"We did see a 3080 STRIX batch hit us today which meant that 8 orders have now been allocated one of these cards, this is great news and means that it shouldn’t be all doom and gloom for our customers."

I'm happy to disclose the full email for those interested but as it also says in the email when I asked if my build would be before Xmas answer being "done before November but please take with a pinch of salt"

The responses I got from the same email i sent, are varying but this second one seems to give alot more info, less vague and very hopeful.

Also the second response is from the same person who I've had previous correspondence about my build and who also did say they are expecting a shipment of strix cards in their last email to me. Which is where we are currently.
@hobnobs
@zweenzta

Last edited:

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
So ermmmmmm at this point not sure whether to get excited or remain skeptical.

When I sent the email above I sent 1 from the inbox from my PCS account which i supplied part of the reply in a previous post in this thread. I also sent another email (exactly the same as the first) from my Gmail acct directly, (As replying to a email previously sent) which I've just recieved a response from.

Heres the bit that will excite the guys waiting for a strix.

"We did see a 3080 STRIX batch hit us today which meant that 8 orders have now been allocated one of these cards, this is great news and means that it shouldn’t be all doom and gloom for our customers."

I'm happy to disclose the full email for those interested but as it also says in the email when I asked if my build would be before Xmas answer being "done before November but please take with a pinch of salt"

The responses I got from the same email i sent, are varying but this second one seems to give alot more info, less vague and very hopeful.

Also the second response is from the same person who I've had previous correspondence about my build and who also did say they are expecting a shipment of strix cards in their last email to me. Which is where we are currently.
@hobnobs
@zweenzta
Sorry. Completely missed this. I'm remaining very skeptical. The guy who runs the Facebook group just posted saying they haven't even started production for the Non-OC yet.

If it's true that PCS are receiving ROG stock it must be the OC edition or they might have possibly mixed it up with the standard 3080s.

Either way it's been a few weeks since I've contacted PCS. Gonna give them a ring tomorrow morning to see what the situation is.