ASUS ROG Strix 3080

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Can i ask what pc cases your putting the card in has i've ordered one but really unsure of what case to put it in
The cases that has been popular so far was

500D SE​

680X​

H500M (my choice)​

MESHIFY S2(the new and superior Meshify 2 is out for sale on online stores)​

DEFINE 7​

As they all have good space and airflow and can fit 280mm size AIO CPU cooler radiator/fan on the top of the roof

ConnorM

Got the normal 3080 and have received no pc, it’s been 30 days, annoying as I would of chose the rog strix if I was going to receive it by now. :/

ConnorM

Really? Everything I have read indicates that the Strix aren't coming any quicker than the non-Strix ones. Supplies of 3080s of all variants are in short supply worldwide
I’ve seen some people on this thread get there pc already lol, all had the rog strix cards

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member
This is what was posted by @Ghosthud (a member of PCS staff) in the thread about the Strix 3090s...which( unless I have massively misread it) applies to the 3080s and 3070s as well:

"I'm sorry to say but ASUS are having the most trouble with 3000 series stock at this moment in time. We are unsure if this is down to the popularity of the brand or if they're not been given the same amount of stock when compared to other AIBs, it is impossible to tell.

But knowing that ASUS released this statement a couple of days ago it does worry the team quite a lot.

Out of all graphics card stock the ROG STRIX variants are comparably null and may not be stocked until January/February time.

The problem is the vagueness of current ETAs because at any point the situation could change and cards could arrive in larger batches, this is pure specualation but the fear for most customers is that they change their choice and a week later the goods become available!

Sorry I couldn't give you anything concrete

1606469451606.png
"

Here is the topic in question if you want to read it in it's natural context:

Correct, here are the current numbers for STRIX cards.

It certainly is looking grim for all STRIX cards, but please remember that these are current numbers and can change rapidly if batch orders can be confirmed by suppliers.

From my experience I don't see this happening until after Christmas and also it is easy to forget that we are still not promising 3000 series orders until after the Christmas period.

1606484954495.png

1606484894818.png

1606484919230.png

To give customers perspective on the stock situation please see the 3070 STRIX vs NVIDA 3070 below.

1606485034073.png

To reiterate so I don't pump anyones confidence up! please remember that stock is already pre-assigned once the items arrive.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster

It certainly is looking grim for all STRIX cards, but please remember that these are current numbers and can change rapidly if batch orders can be confirmed by suppliers.

From my experience I don't see this happening until after Christmas and also it is easy to forget that we are still not promising 3000 series orders until after the Christmas period.

View attachment 19947

View attachment 19945

View attachment 19946

To give customers perspective on the stock situation please see the 3070 STRIX vs NVIDA 3070 below.

View attachment 19948

To reiterate so I don't pump anyones confidence up! please remember that stock is already pre-assigned once the items arrive.
Thanks,much appreciated. Hopefully more shipments will come soon. I'm guessing rx 6800/xt is more of a challenge as PCS is still awaiting stock along with the other online retailers

xKMet

View attachment 19947

View attachment 19945

View attachment 19946

View attachment 19948

Thanks for this, could you provide the same info for the standard 3080?

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member
Thanks,much appreciated. Hopefully more shipments will come soon. I'm guessing rx 6800/xt is more of a challenge as PCS is still awaiting stock along with the other online retailers

The 6800XT is a massive challenge, it seems AMD and Intel are fighting TMSC for 7nm nodes and this also includes AMD's processor line, the consoles and the 6000 series, it is a huge bottleneck for one manufacture so I believe constraint can be worse when compared to NVIDIAs 3000 series knowing this is being produced by Samsung.

Thanks for this, could you provide the same info for the standard 3080?

I provided information to give customers some guidance on this in a 3070 thread I believe, stock for the 3080 is still slow and around x4 lower when compared to the 3070.

As you can imagine I can't go in to much detail knowing this is the forum, if you want detailed information you can always email the support team.

My confidence is also questionable when giving specifics for 3080 stock knowing the difficulties behind it, we just don't have the same numbers as seen with the 3070.

Last edited:

xKMet

The 6800XT is a massive challenge, it seems AMD and Intel are fighting TMSC for 7nm nodes and this also includes AMD's processor line, the consoles and the 6000 series, it is a huge bottleneck for one manufacture so I believe constraint can be worse when compared to NVIDIAs 3000 series knowing this is being produced by Samsung.

I provided information to give customers some guidance on this in a 3070 thread I believe, stock for the 3080 is still slow and around x4 lower when compared to the 3070.

As you can imagine I can't go in to much more detail knowing this is the forum, if you want detailed information you can always email the support team.

My confidence is also questionable when giving specifics for 3080 stock knowing the difficulties behind it, we just don't have the same numbers as seen with the 3070.
Appreciate the response, thank you.