ASUS ROG Strix 3080

RoscoG

hello all,

been lurking as i expect many have. thought i might throw my numbers into the ring.

3080strix/5900x build ordered on 7th december, up to 44 working days now.

haven't bothered to ring pcs to find my queue number as i expect it doesn't matter much. how has everyone been passing the time waiting? im thankful that my 980ti hasn't quite died yet so I've been playing old steam games I never got round to finishing, like dishonoured and westerado :D

thoughts&prayers to u all <3
I’m also a 3080strix/5900x combo which I suspected might be problematic but I guess I just hoped that one of them may have sorted their production problems out so I would just end up waiting on whichever one was still having problems. Now I’m thinking it would require a 3080 and 5900 to become free at the same time! Not sure how the queuing system works but that may make it a much longer wait. Well I’m at 66days today on other threads I’ve seen builds happening at around 70 days but it was probably just the 3080 holding them up. I’ll be sure and post if I get any news at all.

michaelc

Hey guys first time on the forums, would just like to say hang in there as that's mine been shipped, ordered on the 18th October, 78 days later it was shipped and just waiting on it getting delivered but thats late due to the delivery company unfortunately

Huntcliff

I'm on day 57.... the rest of the rig is built apparently, just waiting for the Strix to land and then into testing.... Not sure why the built the rest of it ahead of the card, but at least the 5800 is plugged into my mobo now for when it does land I guess. Nice to see that some orders are making it out of the door with the fabled unicorn cards :)

hol135

Bronze Level Poster
I'm on day 57.... the rest of the rig is built apparently, just waiting for the Strix to land and then into testing.... Not sure why the built the rest of it ahead of the card, but at least the 5800 is plugged into my mobo now for when it does land I guess. Nice to see that some orders are making it out of the door with the fabled unicorn cards :)
Day 57?... You must be very lucky....People are waiting at 90 days

jackisbruce

Has anyone genuinely received their order recently. A few people on other thread's regarding 3080 saying they have been going in to building but when i spoke to an agent yesterday was told there has been no new movement regarding 3080's. i messed up and sold my old PC i7-9700k 2070 super to a mate and regretted it so ordered a replacement beginning of Nov so since then have had to dig out the old windows 7 laptop that wont even play solitaire and is costing me a small fortune buying games i cant even play yet hahaha. I know there are massive issues regarding the GPU's just curious if stuff is actually happening or just people trolling? Day 70 BTW

kozuki

Enthusiast
Has anyone genuinely received their order recently. A few people on other thread's regarding 3080 saying they have been going in to building but when i spoke to an agent yesterday was told there has been no new movement regarding 3080's. i messed up and sold my old PC i7-9700k 2070 super to a mate and regretted it so ordered a replacement beginning of Nov so since then have had to dig out the old windows 7 laptop that wont even play solitaire and is costing me a small fortune buying games i cant even play yet hahaha. I know there are massive issues regarding the GPU's just curious if stuff is actually happening or just people trolling? Day 70 BTW
that depends hugely on whether you're talking about standard 3080 or the strix 3080. Standard cards have been coming in slowly, while strix cards are unpredictable and can be out of stock for much longer periods before a delivery shows up

jackisbruce

that depends hugely on whether you're talking about standard 3080 or the strix 3080. Standard cards have been coming in slowly, while strix cards are unpredictable and can be out of stock for much longer periods before a delivery shows up
strix card i have ordered. I should have said.

Hi,
Just been talking to PCS and as we suspected no new deliveries of the ROG STRIX since the 14th of Jan, and they have no free stock of any of the 30 series cards at all. When the cards come in they are still working on October orders
They have no information to give us, they are hoping to get a delivery soon.
I am on day 57, possible we could be waiting until end of March or even April.

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
Hi,
Just been talking to PCS and as we suspected no new deliveries of the ROG STRIX since the 14th of Jan, and they have no free stock of any of the 30 series cards at all. When the cards come in they are still working on October orders
They have no information to give us, they are hoping to get a delivery soon.
I am on day 57, possible we could be waiting until end of March or even April.
Yeah hope we get some good news soon. But its gonna be a long wait. I'm only 33 days in.

hol135

Bronze Level Poster
60 working days milestone. Expecting another 60 working days wait as its a rog 3080 strix. Might arrive after June 🤣

Jxromey

Hi all I'm on 45 working days for Asus 3080 and 5900x build 💀.
I checked the Asus 3080 on a new build and it states the eta is the 10th of March. So maybe PCS will hopefully be able to complete a load of orders next month.

jackisbruce

day 75 now. spoke to an agent earlier and reckons they are on 3rd week of october build's so hopefully not too much more for some of us. i also asked if there was an option to use custom cables but was told that was only for liquid builds so are there options to do this once we recieve the pc? if so where as it looks like there are more cables than on a normal gpu.

bungchow

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all I'm on 45 working days for Asus 3080 and 5900x build 💀.
I checked the Asus 3080 on a new build and it states the eta is the 10th of March. So maybe PCS will hopefully be able to complete a load of orders next month.
I don't think that ETA is reliable at all, probably just like the automated build dates it would be normally quite accurate but due to limited supply etc etc it won't be.

Jxromey

I don't think that ETA is reliable at all, probably just like the automated build dates it would be normally quite accurate but due to limited supply etc etc it won't be.
I see what you mean but most received an email which spoke about the shortage and rough time frames when they will be able to get the queue moving at somewhat normal speeds. It did state that they believed it to be around March at some point, and after checking myself it looks like the eta is 10th of March😂 obviously I have no clue but just more of a speculation.

bungchow

Bronze Level Poster
I see what you mean but most received an email which spoke about the shortage and rough time frames when they will be able to get the queue moving at somewhat normal speeds. It did state that they believed it to be around March at some point, and after checking myself it looks like the eta is 10th of March😂 obviously I have no clue but just more of a speculation.
If i recieve my build by the 10th of March i'll be very happy as that would make my total 67 days, which sounds far better than 80+!