asus xonar u7 and 5.1 headphones web browser & itunes only playing stereo

m0l0t0v

Hey guys,

Got myself a laptop finally with the aim to enjoy games and movies. This included sound quality along with video quality. Video quality is great and sound quality is great too. I do have some small issues though.

Now, when playing games, (Steam,origin,etc) or watching blu-ray/dvd movies I get 5.1 and it's great. More than happy with it.

However, when listening to music through itunes or watching things through Chrome (tried firefox and Edge but there's no difference in the browsers), whether it's youtube or amazon instant video I only get stereo. No bass, centre or rear. I've googled on this and tried most things but I only get stereo. I've got quite a few movies on flixster and having amazon prime as well, I'd like to be able to enjoy them as I do with my blu-rays. 5.1 surround. And with my music, well, it's all about the bass for me!

And on a different note, I can't get Netflix to work whatsoever! Whether it's the app or through the Chrome. On the app I get this:

"Oops, something went wrong…

System Configuration Error
There is a problem with this system’s configuration that prevents Windows from playing protected video. Please make sure you have the latest windows updates as well as windows 8 certified video and audio drivers installed.

If the problem persists, please call Netflix at 866-579-7113

Error code: W8156 - 88890001"

Googled, it, and nothing works.

Running windows 10 and pretty certain everything is up to date.

Hope I've put enough info in..