Audio MIC Issues with 17.3" DEFIANCE V RTX Laptop

Paulo05

Bronze Level Poster
Rescan? You mean, after I unistall it? Nothing happens, it only shows those 2 things that I've shown you before :/
Nothing happens when I scan it, if there are 2, it shows me 2, if there are 3 (before the uninstalling and after restart) it shows me 3 (with realtek one).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
1589229767650.png

kroma

Some good news!

Yesterday, I updated Windows 10 to v2004.

A short while ago I was idly thumbing through the list of programs in my Start menu and saw 'Realtek Audio Console' which was definitely not there before.

I opened it up and went to the advanced settings where it allows you to be prompted as to whether you've plugged in a headset or a microphone (it's never prompted before) - but no headphone option. I quickly plugged in my earphones to be met with the prompt which had an option for headset or headphones. I selected headphones and went back to the settings to disable the prompt.

At last - I am able to use my laptop's microphone when the earphones are plugged in.

Thank goodness I didn't request a return!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Some good news!

Yesterday, I updated Windows 10 to v2004.

A short while ago I was idly thumbing through the list of programs in my Start menu and saw 'Realtek Audio Console' which was definitely not there before.

I opened it up and went to the advanced settings where it allows you to be prompted as to whether you've plugged in a headset or a microphone (it's never prompted before) - but no headphone option. I quickly plugged in my earphones to be met with the prompt which had an option for headset or headphones. I selected headphones and went back to the settings to disable the prompt.

At last - I am able to use my laptop's microphone when the earphones are plugged in.

Thank goodness I didn't request a return!
Well that's very interesting! That would suggest that it was a driver problem pre 2004, when you updated the OS, it likely updated a new driver with the faults corrected.

Thank you very much for sharing that, that's been bugging me no end!