Aura LED controller usb disconnecting

Vulcaan

Not sure if this is allowed/correct but I have logged this with PCS Tech support as well, but wanted to see if anyone else had any suggections.

This is the 2nd time this has happened from the point it was delieved 5 days ago, the USB disconnection and reconnection sound just keeps playing.
At first I though it was one of my devices, but even with them all unplugged it still happens, the 1st time I found in Device manager a WinUSB device I could disable without impacting anything fixed the issue, however even after shutdowns and restarts the USB device sound keeps playing.

Using a program called USBDeview shows the device as the following -
Device Name - 0008.0000.0001.005.003.000.000.000.000
Product ID - 18f3
Vendor ID - 0b05
Driver filename - WinUSB.SYS
friendly Name - AURA LED Controller
Drive version - 10.0.19041.1

This looks to be a common issue as it shows up a lot from a google search but the most common fix is to use a powered USB hub, but as I dont have any USB devices apart from my mouse and keyboard im at a lost as to which USB device is losing power ?
Hardware is ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI, 2x 50cm ARGB LED Strip running off Aura sync, 3 corsair RBG fans running off a commder PRO and two different kinds of RBG hubs.

Any suggestions.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It could be an internal USB connection has come loose - as it did on my Corsair Commander Pro when I'd been moving around cables for a new GPU.

Luckily the trouble-shooting was made easier as the iCUE software was telling me which device wasn't recognised (i.e. it didn't show the Commander Pro in the dashboard, so I knew it was that), so it was just a matter of tracing the cabling from the controller and going through the connectors until I found one that wasn't pushed in all the way.

Vulcaan

After restarting a number of times and checking the BIOS (no setting changed) at least the disconnect/reconnect sounds have stopped, I have reconnected all of my USB devices and cleared out all history USB devices to make it easier to find the problem.

Now when checking USBView, it has 2 devices showing in purple (fault) 1) (Standard USB Host Controller) ~ BADDEVICE.Dev.NT and 2) AURA LED Controller ~ USB\VID_0B05&PID_18F3&MI_00\a&2efc6b98&2&0000

ICUE and Aura Sync are both showing all my devices, so i can only think its the 2 RBG Hub devices are causing the problem, I will trace the cables tonight Tony.

Vulcaan

Well this is strange.
First of all I was wrong that purple was showing a fault, from the help files of the software -
  • Different colors indicators are used to notify the current state of the USB device. These are explained below:
    • Red: Device is currently disconnected.
    • Grey: The device is currently disabled.
    • Green: The device is currently connected and you must “Safely Remove Hardware” before unplugging it.
    • Pink: The device is currently connected and it is safe to unplug it without disconnecting it.

So after the above and it somehow stopped disconnecting/reconnecting, I had 1 USB device showing a code 43 - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43), that wasnt the ASUS Sync LED controller, it was the other device, so I uninstalled the device that was reporting the problem and the driver reinstalled with no issue.

So I have no idea what fixed the problem, but at least device manager now says everything is working, and most inportmantly I am not losing my mind with the USB disconnect sound playing...lol

Thanks @TonyCarter for you input.