Awaiting dispatch

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
Hey Pcs peeps, just got the email to say its awaiting dispatch, I'm curious as to how you guys think it performed in your testing and QC and if possible what software do you run to burn in sid components?? Harddrive, GPU, memory etc. Any chance on wether you can tell me if you used the bottom psu slot or the top?.

Really pumped about getting my hands on this beast and thanks for the fast, friendly and efficient service!!.

Will definately recommend you to my m8's!.

Last edited:

neewhom

Silver Level Poster
I think I remember it being mentioned that you receive a test sheet when you get the computer to say how it did? Also wouldn't advise putting your order number up on the public board

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
I attempted to adjust the thread title but not sure if the edited post worked, any mod's around able to change it for me ??.

Sleinous

Author Level
Noone can do anything with order number except pcs staff. I'd change it but my mod-ness doesnt work yet :)

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
Anyway the specs are

Processor: I7-950 3.06 GHz
Memory: 6gb samsung 1333Mhz Tri-channel, ( is dual better? )
GPU: GTX 480 x 2 in SLI
HDD: WD Caviar Black 640gb
Case: HAF 932
Those are the important bits, I'm thinking it should last me a good few years I'm hoping.

Any thoughts?.

Sleinous

Author Level
Tri is better here as your motherboard supports tri-channel memory kits. What psu did u chose? most important part

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
It says minimum PSU is 600w for 1 gtx480 but that ax1200 should be ok in sli yeah??. Any thoughts on the rig as you seem to know your stuff? Anything you would have done differently??.

Sleinous

Author Level
Nope, if there had been a tiny bit more spare cash id have gone for the premium mobo. Good choice on the cpu, gpus and 64mb cached drive. Yes 1200w is more than enough for those two beasts. 600w recommended is with all other components factored in (cpu, memory, mobo etc)

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
Heya I was wondering if one of the pcs team could comment on the Temp and noise lvls of the build when it was in testing and QC and wether or not the case does a good job of keeping things relatively quiet??.

Cheers!.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately we don't measure temp and noise levels of each PC we manufacture. The case will keep the computer sufficiently cool - all our products are tested to work together efficiently and within the temperature ranges specified by the component manufacturers.