Awaiting dispatch!

Virtualoso

My PC is on ‘awaiting dispatch’ as of 10 minutes ago. Hopefully this may mean a delivery for tomorrow?

Completely off topic (so apologies if this is in the wrong section)... Anyone caught wind of why the v popular streamer DrDisrespect has been suspended from twitch and MIA?

Last edited:

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
Yes should be given before 3pm.

Its general discussion so.... There's a few conspiracies going around. The main ones i keep hearing are:

1 is saying its for something in his past related to the sexual accusations being made about streamers currently
2 suggests he was trying to rally some support from other Twitch streamers to potentially commit to making a move to a new Streaming platform Spotify are rumoured setting up called Brime - alongside supposedly Ninja and Shroud who turned down their FB GG offers
3 is its something DMCA related

There's one source out there who has said he's had verified why but wont reveal it publicly as the nature of it is too sensitive which would counter the third point as hard to think that would be deemed 'sensitive'..

Issue is he's said that he still doesn't know why he was taken down but then that might not surprise as under the ToS they don't have to give any reason. Given the potential size of his contract I'm sure no-one is willing to say very much publicly given lawyers will undoubtedly be involved and its likely to end up in court.

Virtualoso

Obviously it’s all speculation and I would hope all authorities involved provide consequence on par with his speculative actions.

That being said, one of my favourite streamers who clearly has a huge impact on the streaming profession - to see him so depleted and fearful in a matter of seconds after receiving a text was hard to watch. I’d never wish mental agony on anyone, he clearly was struggling at the end there.

Virtualoso

@WhiskyMac I believe either Ninja or Shroud have gone back to Twitch (there's been a lot of talk about it from the people I game with as we were all on Mixer) is what I have been hearing, although that could just be speculation.

As to the streamer being suspended, wouldn't be surprising if it's something from the past given the number of streamers being suspended for previous things said/done but, as you say, we may never know the actual reason

I think the internet is just crazy at the moment. There is so much promise in the gaming industry.. both in design, business, esports, streaming and Vlogging, but it seems to be on its head at the moment.

Genuinely hope DrDisrespect finds his way back as it was genuine entertainment!

WhiskyMac

Bronze Level Poster
Ninja going back would be a difficult one to see given the way they used his page when he left. Shroud more likely but will they get big money contracts when both have left in the past?

Think more likely if Brime is all speculation that they end up on YouTube. With their established platforms don't really need Twitch and offers them the room to do more than just game streaming. Ninja particularly went on about how Mixer would allow him to grow his brand more outside of streaming whereas Twitch was too restrictive

Afraid with the cancel culture at present if its something hes done / said then its difficult to see him getting back - might end up on YouTube as well.