B660 boards on configurator but price is disappointing

DarTon

So it's good to see some ASUS B660 boards on the PCS configurator.

Unfortunately the price difference between the comparable B660 and Z690 boards is less than I would have hoped for. The Prime board is £33 cheaper but the TUF board is just £17. I was hoping to see something around £40 which is where it is for standalone boards. Perhaps when a bit more stock is available these B660 boards will drop. It's early days.

Nonetheless it's still another small slice off the price for those looking for lower end systems. Need every little bit to offset those GPU prices.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So it's good to see some ASUS B660 boards on the PCS configurator.

Unfortunately the price difference between the comparable B660 and Z690 boards is less than I would have hoped for. The Prime board is £33 cheaper but the TUF board is just £17. I was hoping to see something around £40 which is where it is for standalone boards. Perhaps when a bit more stock is available these B660 boards will drop. It's early days.

Nonetheless it's still another small slice off the price for those looking for lower end systems. Need every little bit to offset those GPU prices.
The Prime B660 is ~£45 cheaper than the TUF Z690 which isn't bad, until you factor in a WiFi card and the fact the VRM's on the Prime are a 6+2 design. The Z690 UD is actually cheaper than the TUF B660 which is slightly crazy (although I guess the UD is kind of like the Prime of ASUS).

As you say, hopefully they reduce in price over the coming weeks. That said, a comparable 5600X and 12400F system still comes to about £50 cheaper for the 12400F with the overpriced B660 TUF board. No brainer for anything CPU bound on a budget and probably not a bad deal for gaming either considering the 12400F sits just behind the 5600X.