Backlight dead ?

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys,
I've recently reinstalled the Clevo Control Center after a year without it because I've noticed my blue backlight was very dim, almost non-existant and I couldn't see my keys in the dark. So I reinstalled the CCC to make it brighter but.. it seems like every color that has blue in it is no longer working, including blue itself even at maximum brightness.

Also, colors like pink will display as red and turquoise will display as green.. it's all very confusing.
Is it because it stayed on the blue color for too long and just worn out ? Should I buy a new keyboard ?

Thanks for the tips !

Attachments

• Blue at max brightness.jpg
    Blue at max brightness.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 126
  • Pink displays Red.jpg
    Pink displays Red.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 125
  • Turquoise displays Green.jpg
    Turquoise displays Green.jpg
    945.4 KB · Views: 119

trickyrickyg83

I recently sold my old Medion Erazer (Clevo P670RG) after three years of flawless service and that had the same issue.As I had used blue alot,the keyboard had gotten very dim with any colours using blue.
Learned my lesson on that,I will never have the RGB keyboard set to static mode, always either fading or flashing.Hopefully this will increase the lifespan on the LEDS in the keyboard.

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
Mmhh.. so would it be worth it to RMA this ? Or just buy a new keyboard on PCS website ?

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
I think I'll have to do that when the keyboard is back in stock.

In the meantime, do you guys know how I could change the backlight color of my keyboard without having to reinstall the CCC ? It messes up my XTU configuration every time so I'd like to avoid that.

FerrariVie

Super Star
I think I'll have to do that when the keyboard is back in stock.

In the meantime, do you guys know how I could change the backlight color of my keyboard without having to reinstall the CCC ? It messes up my XTU configuration every time so I'd like to avoid that.
If this is a Clevo chassis, you could use Obsidian Keyboard LED. I use it and it works quite well, with almost the same features as CCC.

Last edited: