(BAD) Mood Music

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The other day I stubbed my toe. Really badly. The kind of stub incident where you hop around for a minute, do some serious blaspheming and then use your other foot to stand on the affected digit in a misguided and fruitless attempt to crush the pain away.

It put me in a very sulky mood so I had to put my two 'happy songs' on. These tracks never fail to make me feel a bit better when I'm in a bit of a mick:

I also have a song that I'll put on if I want to embrace the bad mood and do some angry dancing:

Is this normal? Does anyone have songs that are a guaranteed mood-lifter?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My bad mood music is anything fast and aggressive

I have a playlist for bad day at work full of this to blast in my car on the way home, hasn't failed me yet. I call it my scream therapy

Slipknot - People = Nasty word
Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart
Slaughter To Prevail - Demolisher
Machine Head - Davidan
Mastadon - Blood & Thunder
Etc Etc Etc

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The other day I stubbed my toe. Really badly. The kind of stub incident where you hop around for a minute, do some serious blaspheming and then use your other foot to stand on the affected digit in a misguided and fruitless attempt to crush the pain away.

It put me in a very sulky mood so I had to put my two 'happy songs' on. These tracks never fail to make me feel a bit better when I'm in a bit of a mick:

I also have a song that I'll put on if I want to embrace the bad mood and do some angry dancing:

Is this normal? Does anyone have songs that are a guaranteed mood-lifter?
Awesome!

I have a couple, I absolutely adore the Frog Song from Rupert the Bear by McCartney, think it’s a work of genius so much so I tracked down a mint original vinyl single that had been found in a warehouse in the US and paid far more than I should have for the privilege:

And then of course, Nice Weather For Ducks by Lemon Jelly which just makes me stupidly happy:

But my favourite pick me up is probably I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash:

https://youtu.be/FscIgtDJFXg

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
When you live on a sailing yacht you stub your toes every day. My smallest toes on both feet are broken from serious stubbing incidents in the past.

On a yacht you just jump in the sea and that seems to do the trick. For one thing you can't cuss and swear because you'll drown if you do. The cool water seems to ease the pain too.

So I suggest you learn to sail, buy a yacht, move aboard, and then toe stubbing will lose its power. Simples! :)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
When you live on a sailing yacht you stub your toes every day. My smallest toes on both feet are broken from serious stubbing incidents in the past.

On a yacht you just jump in the sea and that seems to do the trick. For one thing you can't cuss and swear because you'll drown if you do. The cool water seems to ease the pain too.

So I suggest you learn to sail, buy a yacht, move aboard, and then toe stubbing will lose its power. Simples! :)
Interesting logic, Ubu. Expensive, but infallible.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
One additional, if I’m in a really low mood and want to wallow, there is only one album I ever listen to, and that’s Pink Floyd - The Wall

That album was such an inspiration to me growing up but I find it incredibly upsetting these days, and rarely listen, simply because it affects me so much and reconnects me to when I was younger.

Amazing album, true work of genius.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
One additional, if I’m in a really low mood and want to wallow, there is only one album I ever listen to, and that’s Pink Floyd - The Wall

That album was such an inspiration to me growing up but I find it incredibly upsetting these days, and rarely listen, simply because it affects me so much and reconnects me to when I was younger.

My dad loves the Floyd, I remember watching The Wall movie with him one day and it was so bleak that we had to go out and have several alcoholic beverages to get over it.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Similar with Alice in Chains for me, discovered them when I was in uni and wallowed in a bad place for a while. They were basically the sound track to that.

Love their music but I cannot listen to Nutshell anymore

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Similar with Alice in Chains for me, discovered them when I was in uni and wallowed in a bad place for a while. They were basically the sound track to that.

Love their music but I cannot listen to Nutshell anymore
Oh my god, yes, Jar Of Flies / Sap for me particularly the first 3 songs, incredible music.