Bag for 17.3" OCTANE VI

Ordered a max spec 17.3" OCTANE VI now looking for a bag to keep it safe during transport.
Can anyone make some suggestions I previously had a asus g750 and never managed to get a good bag for it as they were stupidly expensive at the time, I work night shifts so needs to be able to fit the laptop and a sizable amount of junk (drink, food, peripherals etc, etc)

Thanks for the response, should of specified that I am really looking for a backpack style bag rather than satchel style.
Never really got along with satchel bags.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster

I can second the Wenger bags. I actually have two. I seem to recall I bought one for a work laptop and one for my own. One of them has covered tens of thousands of miles with me on aeroplanes, trains, in the car etc and geuinely looks as good as new. I believe it was just branded as a Wenger Swissgear when I bought it, but looks like it may now be the Synergy, although a quick check on Amazon is only throwing up 16" variants.

kirran

Can anyone recommend this?

I'm not sure if it will fit everything, the power adaptor and all that. The Octaine lappy is 17.3" but the bag is 17"?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can anyone recommend this?

I'm not sure if it will fit everything, the power adaptor and all that. The Octaine lappy is 17.3" but the bag is 17"?
I’ve got that exact model on my vortex iv17.3”.

The vortex IV was incredibly thick and bulky, a lot more so than the octane. It fits, but only just, takes some teasing to get the zip properly closed. But I have flown with it a few places and taken it on trains and ferries in that case over the last 5 years and no damage to case or laptop.

If you can live with the squeeze, I’d hugely recommend, excellent case.

kirran

I’ve got that exact model on my vortex iv17.3”.

The vortex IV was incredibly thick and bulky, a lot more so than the octane. It fits, but only just, takes some teasing to get the zip properly closed. But I have flown with it a few places and taken it on trains and ferries in that case over the last 5 years and no damage to case or laptop.

If you can live with the squeeze, I’d hugely recommend, excellent case.

I went with this one in the end...

Fits great with loads of space for my two spare batteries, charging brick, headset, mouse... I could probably also fit a lunchbox in there! Great build quality. I bought a Wenger but it just didn't fit so retuning it.